Networking General

Last reply by 05-14-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

S4048-ON stack redundant uplinks

I am configuring a new core switch stack and am looking for guidance on correctly configuring redundant links to the MDF stacks from the core stack. I'm not sure if I should go strictly with dynamic LAGs or with VLTs. My core stack is currently running firmware 9.14(2.6).

Here is a simple diagram on my layout:Redundant Switch Uplinks.png

Replies (2)

Hi,

Either one should be fine, VLT will allow for both switches to be used instead of one being the master, but it is more configuration.

Thanks,

DELL-Josh Cr
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

I looked into the VLT but agree that there is a lot more config involved and I"m not familiar enough with VLT to go that route. So I took the static LAG route. I have it configured and working on the core stack, do I also need to configure a LAG on the access stack? When I do I lose connectivity.

The reason I ask is that when I have configured LACP LAGs in the past on a switch and server, LACP needed to be configured on both devices.

EDIT: Fixed my issue. I had the trunk native vlan and trunk allowed vlans configured but didn't have the po in trunk mode. DOH!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor