Networking General

Last reply by 09-13-2021 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

S4048ON switch stack disable SNMP trap and enable SNMP server

We have 2 S4048ON switch connected in a stack. How to disable SNMP trap and enable SNMP server for the stack.

What are the configuration to be done to enable SNMP.

Thank you for your support

Paul

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions

Hello @R Paul,

I've consulted on one of the switch support colleague, to disable SNMP trap, you can run the command #no snmp-server enable traps ecmp. In order for you to enable SNMP server, you will need to configure snmp-server in your server and configured it. Then based snmp-server configured on system, you have to configure snmp-server community, view, groups etc on switch.

Here the switch user guide for reference: https://dell.to/3lhntwv page 1532 onwards.

DELL-Joey C
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

View solution in original post

To enable the SNMP trap on your device you need to make some changes to your server configure SNMP-server and it will be enabled. For disabling the same run a #no SNMP-server enable traps ecmp command on your device. This will definitely help in enabling and disabling the SNMP trap.

View solution in original post

Replies (2)

Hello @R Paul,

I've consulted on one of the switch support colleague, to disable SNMP trap, you can run the command #no snmp-server enable traps ecmp. In order for you to enable SNMP server, you will need to configure snmp-server in your server and configured it. Then based snmp-server configured on system, you have to configure snmp-server community, view, groups etc on switch.

Here the switch user guide for reference: https://dell.to/3lhntwv page 1532 onwards.

DELL-Joey C
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

To enable the SNMP trap on your device you need to make some changes to your server configure SNMP-server and it will be enabled. For disabling the same run a #no SNMP-server enable traps ecmp command on your device. This will definitely help in enabling and disabling the SNMP trap.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor