Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

5 Posts

August 5th, 2018 18:00

S60 10g interface

Hello

I have the gray force 10 s60-44t switch. It has the 2 port 10g module. I have a few questions about it.

1. What sfp+ transceivers does it use?

2. Can you connect a server directly to those ports to provide higher bandwidth to the switch for multiple file access? If it can be done how do you configure the ports?

3. This has nothing to do with the first two. What sfp transceivers for the four gigabit ports are there? Both fiber and coper.

9.3K Posts

August 5th, 2018 19:00

What do you mean with question 1? It should be any working 1Gbit or 10Gbit SFP or SFP+ module, or a Twin-Ax cable that is compatible with Force10 switches.

You should be able to, but you may want to look into enabling flow-control or so on those ports to mitigate the chance that the server pushes out data to a server at 10Gbit, but the server can only receive it at 1Gbit, and the buffer on the switch fills up and then slows all traffic down.

5 Posts

August 6th, 2018 11:00

need the part numbers so I can order the sfp modules. I have some extra ones from chelsio but it just does not seem to work. It says non compatible module when inserted. I even tried some Intel ones that I had and the switch said the same for those as well. When I had a computer connected to the port with any of those modules. It did not make a connection to get an ip address. When the server is connected it will be handing out the ip's. I wanted to make sure that it is working first before changing everything around. I followed these steps but it just seemed like it did not work.

FTOS#configure
FTOS(conf)#interface range tengigabitethernet 0/48 - 49
FTOS(conf-if-range-te-0/48-49)#mtu 9252
FTOS(conf-if-range-te-0/48-49)#no shutdown
FTOS(conf-if-range-te-0/48-49)#flowcontrol rx on
FTOS(conf-if-range-te-0/48-49)#exit
FTOS(conf)#exit

I have a spare single port fiber card and the card does work because I had it in another computer for a while. The test computer was connected and it did not receive an ip address. I am not sure if it is the module, sfp, or something I didn't configure right. 

9.3K Posts

August 6th, 2018 19:00

It's not Force10 specific, but these are supposed to be compatible with Dell switches, which may include Force10. To be sure, you may want to reach out to the Fiber Store and ask them if these modules will work on Force10 switches as it will likely save a lot of money even compared to Ebay (and especially directly from Dell).

No Events found!