Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2014 23:00

Show run output optimalisation PowerConnect 3548

When I do a show run the output is not displayed as desired. Most of the settings are displayed per interface instead of the interface range command. For example:

interface ethernet e1
switchport general pvid *
exit
interface ethernet e2
exit
interface ethernet e3
exit
interface ethernet e5
exit
interface ethernet e6

etc. This also happens with the these command:

• voice vlan enable
  • lldp notifications enable
  • lldp optional-tlv port-desc sys-name sys-desc sys-cap 802.3-mac-phy
  • lldp med enable network-policy location poe-pse inventory

However some settings are doing much better:

interface range ethernet e(1-24)
lldp med network-policy add 1

spanning-tree bpduguard

spanning-tree portfast

Alle the settings are configured with the interface range command, but some settings will show up for each interface which is sometimes a bit annoying when you having a hard time troubleshooting a problem…

This occurs on a multiple 3524P/48P switches with almost the latest firmware: 2.0.0.52 (it will happen on earlier firmware releases as well)

Do other users of these switches have the same issue? I was hoping Dell would fix this in a firmware update but since the life cycle of development time of these switches is over I don't think they will :)

I am starting this thread to make sure that this is expected behavior (for these switches), maybe I’ll contact Dell support later when this case is stronger…

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 27th, 2014 06:00

The switch I have access to does not have much configured on it. But it does report similarly

As an example it shows all the port channels in VLAN 1 as a range.

interface vlan 1

interface port-channel 1 - 15

I looked through the release notes of the latest firmware and did not see anything that indicated the output from show commands had been changed at all. I don't think it will be changed in any future firmware releases either.

What kind of problem are you trying to troubleshoot?

35 Posts

August 27th, 2014 23:00

At the moment I have no problems to troubleshoot, but sometimes when you do it's frustrating that you have to search through a whole output of the show run command while it should be much shorter.

Does anyone has a switch with similar configuration or can someone test it with the same command(s)? The switchport general pvid command is the easiest command I think.

No Events found!