Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

December 13th, 2018 12:00

Update Firmware Dell S4810 FTP 8.3.7.0 to 8.3.12.0

Good Afternoon,  

I have a Dell S4810 switch running  firmware 8.3.7.0 and I am trying to use the FTP method to update the firmware to 8.3.12.0.  But I am having problems getting the FTP commands to work with the upgrade system ftp:.  When I issue the command, I am prompted for all of the values. The command sits for a while and then fails.   

I have configured the management interface 0/0 with IP address 10.0.0.1/24 and connected it to a dumb switch.  I have configured a laptop running FTP using IP address 10.0.0.2/24 and connected it to the same dumb switch. 

The switch can ping my server and my server can ping the switch.  I have connected a third device to the network at 10.0.0.3 and tested that FTP answers when I try to reach it from the PC but from the FTP logs, it does not look like the switch is even trying to connect.

UPDATE:

This issue has been resolved.  Problem between the keyboard and the chair.  There was an error in the filename.  (dashes instead of dots).

3 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 12:00

Hey hi .. My switch is using 8.3.7.0 version.. I'm unable to find '8.3.12.0' BIN file even under Force 10 networks portal ... Could you please able to share it.. N moreover.. I'm even unable to FTP the other '9.11(0.0P4)' version BIN file.. But able to ping between the devices.. I'm not sure what is the cause .. Need anyone's inputs regarding this plz.... 

No Events found!