Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

July 31st, 2018 07:00

VLAN 2848 Setup for wireless network

Hello I have started a job and trying to get somethings working properly and setup properly.

What my goal is to get VLAN the wireless network. The wireless network is using Aruba AP's and currently it is setup just for a guest network on a POE unmanaged cheap switch going out it's own internet service.

So what I want is for 2 SSID's on the aruba's. One for Guest and the other for Corporate wifi. The guest will go out the current internet connection it is on and the corporate will see the corp network and go out the corp internet connection.

On the corporate side I have the internet coming into a Sonicwall TZ400 then goes to the wired network.

The only managed switch I have at this time is the Powerconnect 2848 which isn't POE.

Is it possible to VLAN the two ssid's in the current setup?

Thanks let me know if you need more information.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 31st, 2018 11:00

What model AP? most can do multuple SSID/VLANs.

The PowerConnect 2800 supports VLANs, but it cannot route between the VLANs. The interfaces that plug into the AP and the firewall will need to be configured as T (tagged), for all of the additional VLANs.

Here is a video on how to create VLANs on the switch: https://bit.ly/2iDHttR

Do both ISPs plug into the TZ400? Or seperate devices?

3 Posts

July 31st, 2018 14:00

AP Model is Aruba IAP-205

No the guest side has its own SOHO firewall.

Current Guest

Aruba 205 <--> unmanaged switch <--> sonicwall firewall Soho <--> internet

Current Business

Dell 2848 <--> sonicwall tz400 <--> internet

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 1st, 2018 06:00

Thanks so much for the clarification. I dont see any reason why this won't work. I have attached an image I threw together of how I would approach things. 

PCt 2848 dual isp.png

Hope this helps

3 Posts

August 1st, 2018 12:00

Okay I will try that 

I am guessing this would be easier with a POE Layer 3 switch.

No Events found!