Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2011 11:00

Web Access 2716 Switch

I've recently switched my 2716 switch to 'unmanaged' mode and now the solid green light appears to be steady however I can't seem to be able to access the web GUI for what ever reason. I read that by default the switch will use 192.168.2.1 but I have no idea how accurate that is since I just Google'd that info on the web. I tried both port 80 & 443 and no dice. Anyone know what I need to do or how I can access my switch for management over my browser?

4 Posts

March 14th, 2011 09:00

Anyone? I still am unable to determine how I can access this switch when it's running in 'managed mode' via a web browser. I've tried 192.168.2.1 & that I.P. doesn't respond to ICMP requests and or anything on port 80/8080/443.

Help me access this switch please.

72 Posts

March 14th, 2011 11:00

Hi,

IP is correct and everything seems to be right.

Try to bring switch back into "unmanaged mode", wait a little bit and return it to "managed mode"

4 Posts

March 14th, 2011 11:00

What is the process for changing modes properly? If my switch is powered on and working in 'unmanaged' mode, do I need to power it off before I put a paper clip in the front and change it to 'managed' mode? I should be able to do this on the fly while the unit's powered on, right?

72 Posts

March 14th, 2011 12:00

When you power on switch and it pass POST Managed Mode LED stops blinking and turns off. After that you need to press Managed Mode Button, switch will reboot in Managed Mode. When LED lits stable green you can connect to switch web server

No Events found!