Highlighted
Gianko
Bronze

dell force s50

Hello everyone I state that I am new to these things. I have a problem with a force of s50 because I can not start it with the lan ports, the status panel shows me the green lights on "OK" and "PWR". I followed the procedures as described on the DELL website with the PUTTY program but without success. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: dell force s50

Hi,

Have you tried connecting with a console cable? Page 9 http://www.force10networks.com/CSPortal20/KnowledgeBase/DOCUMENTATION/InstallGuidesQuickrefs/S-Serie...

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
Gianko
Bronze

Hello Josh I used a cable DB9-RJ45 the blue one of the Cisco, set the com1 port as described by manual and connected to the console port of the force s50 but nothing happens
0 Kudos

Was it working previously? It sounds like it might not be booting at all. When you connected the console cable did you reboot the switch to see if any of the boot process comes up?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
Gianko
Bronze

Hello Josh previously worked then was inactive for a year without power and still connecting the appropriate cable and restarting the switch seems to do nothing. if I connect a terminal to any port, the green LED will not light up. Thanks
0 Kudos

Can you private message me the service tag?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
Gianko
Bronze

Hi Josh
How can I write to you in private?

THX

0 Kudos

If you click the envelope icon next to the login bottom in the top right of the page you can send private messages.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
Gianko
Bronze

Hi Josh
Now I'll explain, 
I bought this switch with freshman 6J8R9T1 from a seller on AMAZON about a year and a half ago,
it worked for about a month then I put it away for a year and now I need it but it does not work.
The STACK ID signals green LED on OK and green LED on AC.
The lan ports from 1 to 48 seem to connect but after a while they turn off and nothing happens,
the console lan any cable I insert with or without DB9 does not seem to work. I hope I was clear Thank you
0 Kudos

It seems like it may be a hardware issue, but it is out of warranty. You may need to call in and see what support options you have there for out of warranty units.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos