Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

July 20th, 2006 19:00

1394 net adapter drivers

Hi, I've just formated my DELL Dimension 4550 and I'm experiencing problems with the net adapter, since the drivers seems to be missing. When I googled it I got no results of where to download the drivers, only other ppl having the same problems.

Where can i download drivers to the 1394 net adapter?

Thx in advance//Undead Frogpirate Captain Scabby

well, I've looked there, the drivers for the net apater aren't there to find.. :/

565 Posts

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

Input the Service Tag, which can be found on your case somewhere. I'm not exactly sure where, as i have never used a Dimension 4550.

Will give you a list of all the drivers you could ever need for your specific model computer.

565 Posts

July 20th, 2006 20:00

Well, just so you know Firefox 1.5 has a memory hole, check your memory watch FireFox eat it up.

463 Posts

July 20th, 2006 20:00

VersionTracker has a 1394 net adapter driver download------> here.

Get Firefox!

463 Posts

July 20th, 2006 21:00

I have no problem with Firefox. Haven't in over a year. Have several with IE. To each his own.

Get Firefox!

28K Posts

July 21st, 2006 05:00

1394 is your firewire port and has little to do with networking, although Windows considers it a networking device.   If you install the chipset drivers for your system, the 1394 connection should be taken care of. 

Steve

565 Posts

July 21st, 2006 15:00

@beneteau wrote:
I have no problem with Firefox. Haven't in over a year. Have several with IE. To each his own.

Get Firefox!

I use FireFox as well, cant stand IE. :)

I just dont use 1.5

463 Posts

July 21st, 2006 17:00

I realize we've gotten away from the original post; but, I wanted to point out something regarding Firefox 1.5, since the conversation has gone in that direction.

A weblog post was written by Firefox's Lead Engineer, Ben Goodger, in February 2006 regarding the "so-called" memory leaks in Firefox 1.5. It's not a memory leak, it's a feature. To read his post go here.

Get Firefox!

1 Message

September 20th, 2009 14:00

I am having the same problem after re-formatting my friend's Inspirion 8200

The device manager only lists the 1394 Net Adapter, and the only item that is flagged is the PCI Modem -- but there is no intention to connect via dial up and I know that he was able to connect via broadband before.

We've downloaded everything relevant for the Dell site, including the 3Com and -- after seeing this post -- the chipset drivers.  Nothing seems to be making a diference.

The 1394 says it's connected, at a speed of 400Mbps, but there is no activity.

When I plug the ethernet cable in, the lights come on and it *seems* to recognize it.  I have even -- based on the post of another user -- tried powering off, replugging everything in, and powering up again.

Did the restart after each new driver install...

OMG WHY WON'T THIS WORK?!?!?

No Events found!