Highlighted
paigirish
Bronze

Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch??

Jump to solution

Hello. Mine is Inspiron  N5030 Laptop(New). When i try to install Blue tooth driver it asks me "Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch" . I tried to press f2 & fn+f2. But no changes. I went to BIOS and Everything was enabled and proper. How do i get rid of this problem?Please help me!!!

0 Kudos
34 Replies

Re: Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch??

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on new N5010.

The problem started probably  after bios update to version 12.

I can 't go back to a previous version of bios.  The bios update software refuses it.  Wich BIOS version do you have/use?

I tried new drivers, searching for hours for different solutions. Nothing works, even a complete new install of  the OS. (Windows 7 -64bit)

0 Kudos
paigirish
Bronze

Jump to solution

My BIOS version is Dell Inc. A02.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Meanwile: Problem solved

The problem was not the bios but the new Windows installation that used the wrong device.
Directly running the R273948.exe driver from Dell did not solve the problem 

I performed these steps:

1. Verified  that Bluetooth is turned on in the bios

2. Removed  the generic bluetooth device in Device Manager

3. Manually Added the appropriate bluetooth device in device manager  (for me this was dell bluetooth 365 module)

4. Ran  the update "setupbluetoothDFu in the unpacked  R273948 driver

5. Installed the driver R273948

Worked for me.  (Dell N5010 Wind wows 7 64 Premium bios version A12 )

Good luck

Luc M

0 Kudos
paigirish
Bronze

Jump to solution

I dont have any option called Generic Bluetooth Device. And When i try to Install Dell Wireless WLAN, it says "No Compatible Hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supportes on this sytem. The software will not be installed. Setup Will exit now." I installed this driver from Dell DVD that comes with laptop.

0 Kudos
paigirish
Bronze

Jump to solution

please tell me guys whether Inspiron n5030 comes with bluetooth or is Bluetooth available in this laptop?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

wlan <> bluetooth

Login at dell with your servicetag 

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

You should see you configuration and drivers for your notebook

grtz

Luc

0 Kudos
paigirish
Bronze

Jump to solution

That means i have bluetooth hardware in my system. I tried Loging into Dell with my Service tag. I tried downloading my driver from website. But no changes. Now i cant install DW WLAN driver,Bluetooth and Webcam!! I installed Webcam centre but i get message that Webcam driver is not installed.

0 Kudos
paigirish
Bronze

Jump to solution

I got my problem solved. i contacted dell, they said my lap didnt come with bluetooth hardware!!

0 Kudos
anteeee8
Copper

Jump to solution

hello! I had the same problem until several minutes ago Smiley Very Happy
I'm running win7 home on dell inspiron n5110
I googled and saw that many people had the problem... search your pc for a device manager -> network adapters
 I have an intel centrino wireless-N 1030 there...so I googled and installed a driver for intel centrino wireless-N 1030
because the dell inspiron bluetooth v3.0+HS or something didn't work, had your error
so..I downloaded it from the dell support site, and had to uninstall some previous versions which I did from the control panel screen
and so I installed it nicely, and now it works Smiley Happy)
anyway, I think the problem is getting the right driver
even the driver from the CD I got with the laptop was the wrong one <.< 

anyhow works now Smiley Happy)

please share this so people can solve the problem, too...I hope it works for others Smiley Very Happy