Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 30th, 2008 08:00

Adapter state not in registry

I have been having trouble connecting my laptop the a wireless network usually getting the "limited or no connectivity" message.

When trying to analyse the issue by looking at the properties of the wireless card I get the message "Adapter state not in Registy"

Does anyone know what this really means as I think it could be the crux of my problem. A second XP laptop connects without any issues so I'm pretty sure the issue is with the laptop not the desktop or router.

14.4K Posts

August 30th, 2008 12:00

The bigger question is it in Device Manager and showing without any errors.

You can try running WinsockxpFix Just download it and run it.

3 Posts

August 31st, 2008 00:00

Yes it does show up without any errors. I've been through all the Dell troubleshooting tips and still get the same issue.

The PC does get a private IP address rather than a DHCP allocated address if that throws any light on the problem. 

3 Posts

August 31st, 2008 00:00

What a great piece of advice that was. I ran the winsockxpfix and all now looks OK. Thanks so much Davet. This was better than anything I've got from Dell or Netgear.

14.4K Posts

August 31st, 2008 01:00

Good news glad it worked for you. Keep it handy if you every run into issues again. Always a good thing to try first.

1 Message

January 30th, 2009 17:00

Davet50,

THANK YOU!!!  I booted up my system this morning after 2 years of successful wireless use, no new SW downloads in over a month, and a clean shutdown last night. For no apparent reason, I could not connect to our router, with or without 'wire'.  After many frustrating hours of digging and trying everything, I found the 'adapter state not found in registry' error in my device manager.  Many more hours turned up your solution above, to try winsockxpFix.  The included registry backup program did not work, but I risked it and ran the program. 

I now am up and running wirelessly, problem seems solved for the moment.  Whatever the cause was (wish I knew), I wanted to extend a very grateful appreciation to you for that answer and link.

Morph2b

1 Message

August 12th, 2010 15:00

This didn't do anything for my Inspiron B130.  It still doesn't see my wifi router.  My daughtere's SONY VAIO sees it, so I know the router is working

Any other suggestions?

I'm glad this happend a few days AFTER my extended warranty ran out, just like the last time I had a problem with my computer, so I either need to pay big bux for talking with the support people, or, instead, buy a $10 wifi adapter which will plug into the USB port and let me connect to the interenet

The second question is "Why do things go broke just AFTER the extended warranty has expired?

Hank Greeb

November 21st, 2010 14:00

The bigger question is it in Device Manager and showing without any errors.

You can try running WinsockxpFix Just download it and run it.

Finally learn how to solve it, I encountered the same problem, I'm puzzled long.
No Events found!