Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2010 16:00

Apache webserver on home LAN

Is it possible to run the Apache web server on a wired Ethernet Local Area Network without the computers connected to the internet? The Apache web server only runs when I am online. The LAN is on a hub, not a router.

I want to test run a program without connecting to the internet, but I need DNS support to resolve the IP's of the three computers. I am using a Windows Apache MySQL PHP (WAMP) setup. My GUI is Windows Vista Home Basic (32 bit).

Also, is it possible to write a table to connect "www" addresses to the virtual machines? This would help with real-world simulation without the risk of online exposure to a buggy program.

thank you,

noquiexis

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

June 25th, 2010 17:00

I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to connect to a PC running Apache to test a program. You should be able to test the program out right on the PC that is running the Apache web server.

9 Posts

June 28th, 2010 16:00

The programs that I want to test run are Simple Machines Forum ver 2.0 Release Candidate 3  and FlashChat ver 6.0.8  These are open source (free) programs.

I would like to test run everything locally to make sure everything is in order before going live. I have been a member of some Simple Machines forums with integrated FlashChat, and may adapt these programs for my SOHO use.

There are three computers here that I can access, and one has an old operating system. This would give me 'real world' experience.

thank you,

noquiexis

9 Posts

July 16th, 2010 00:00

I have successfully installed the Apache webserver, the MySQL database server, the PHP Hyertext preprocessor, and the Simple Machines Forum software. Since these are all working together, I do not expect any problems with the FlashChat program.

Please mark this topic as solved.

thank you,

noquiexis

No Events found!