Jim Whitehead
1 Copper

Re: Beware of SmartByte

I agree. SmartByte appears to slow down Internet speeds, because a tool I use says it is reporting on us to unknown 3rd parties. (Who?) Someone here, with greater skills than me, should investigate where its sending our info. Dont believe that the govt. spies on its citizens today? Then read about Edward Snowden on Wikipedia, first, before you comment. Educate yourself. Illegal govt. spying is worse than you think. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden
0 Kudos
SpeeDyLOCO
1 Copper

Hello, I came across this matter completely by accident. While searching for a solution to the problem in Outlook 2010 and removing unnecessary applications in Windows 10, I was interested in the program from the topic. For several days, Outlook 2010 for unknown reasons have stopped sending emails (SSL encryption). The mail server was disconnecting the client, but only on this computer. Restoring the system image from before updating Dell software and drivers was an additional hint (because for a moment, Outlook was working. Until you allow Dell updates). It was the removal of this unfortunate SmartByte program that solved the problem.
0 Kudos

We have just released a new version of SmartByte that should address all of these issues. You can find the current version on our website, here - http://support.rivetnetworks.com/. Simply download the package, run it, and follow the prompts to update to the latest version. If there is an updated interface available, the installer will forward you to the Windows Store to install the new interface.

If you have any other issues with SmartByte, we encourage you to tell us about it by clicking here to contact us directly!

-- Anthony with Rivet Networks

0 Kudos
capo689
1 Copper

Re: Beware of SmartByte - FIXED!!

Anthony - Thanks for posting the new version.  It fixed me right up.

0 Kudos

Re: Beware of SmartByte - FIXED!!

Great! I'm glad to hear it!

If anyone updates to the latest version of SmartByte and it does not resolve the problem, we have confirmed that there is a specific, older Intel Wi-Fi driver that is somewhat buggy. Updating the Intel Wi-Fi driver from here - https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vg6m5 - will resolve the issue if updating SmartByte does not. 

-- Anthony with Rivet Networks

0 Kudos
FaniStyl
1 Copper

Thank you so much. I stopped the service and Oulook works again!
0 Kudos
RivetNetworks
1 Nickel

@FaniStyl have you tried updating your Intel Wi-Fi driver and installing the latest version of SmartByte? That will usually resolve this issue, and allow you to use the SmartByte feature set, as well. 

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

0 Kudos
jabber63
1 Nickel

wish I saw this posting before updated my internet speed to over 125Mps and my internet slowed down to 5Mbps about 10% of my previous speed, spent an hour and a half with dell support until finally the person told me to uninstall smartbyte and lo and behold I get my 125+ speed

0 Kudos

Landed here because the computer was slowing. Now we're hoping it also fixes our Filezilla issue as well!

0 Kudos
Danijo
1 Copper

I just checked my internet speed and it was slow compared to what it should have been, so I looked for SmartByte found it then deleted it. Then checked my internet speed again and I'm sorry to say that it's even slower, a lot slower. So now I'm thinking great I really messed up!!

0 Kudos