Could you please share the system model with which you are facing issues.
Press F2 key on the keyboard to enable wireless/bluetooth on computer. Another way can be to enable it from the 'Windows Mobility Center'.
You can open Windows Mobility Center by clicking the Start button -- > Control Panel -- > Mobile PC -- > Windows Mobility Center.
Official drivers for Bluetooth 365 card for Windows 8 are is not available. However, you can try the following steps and see if it works:
- Click the following link to download the latest Bluetooth driver: http://dell.to/PwwE8s
- Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen'
- Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R273948.exe
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R273948 (Path may vary depending on the computer. Make a note of the path on which you are extracting the files.)
- Click Ok
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it
- Open the following path: C:\dell\Drivers\R273948\Win64 (Follow steps mentioned below)
- Click 'Computer' and drive letter 'C'
- Locate folder 'dell' and double click it
- Locate folder 'Drivers' and double click it
- Locate folder 'R273948'
- Locate folder 'Win64' and double click it
- Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below)
- Right click file 'Inst'
- Click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User access control' message
- Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions
- Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality
- If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)
Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
- Navigate to C:\dell\Drivers\R273948\Win64
- Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
- Click “Install in compatibility mode’
- Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
- Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’
- Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows
- Click on ‘Windows 7’
- Click on ‘Start the Program’
- Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
- Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’
Note: Though the recommended steps have exhibited some positive results, you may still experience bluetooth issues as the laptop is not tested to work optimally with Windows 8. You may want to have a look at the list of all Dell systems tested with Windows 8: http://dell.to/SQojxk
Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to help.
Thanks and regards,
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here