Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2010 06:00

Bluetooth Driver R285455 (WIDCOMM) won't install on Win 7x64 E6410

Trying to update Bluetooth driver on an E6410, Win 7x64, Dell Wireless 375.

Driver package runs and gets almost to the end before a "1935" error dialog box pops up and the whole package rolls back.

Something to do with MS VC policy 8.

Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening and how to proceed?

TIA

WA

2 Posts

April 16th, 2012 13:00

I was also running into the error from the first post.  I tried installing the vc80 redistributables on my own, but that didn't help.  However, uninstalling the Widcomm software and then installing the new one got things going for me.  Dell still reported an error, but it was a different one & things now appear to be working.  And, best of all, my Bluetooth mouse now works again!

1 Message

January 7th, 2011 07:00

I'm experiencing the same problem at the same machine. The only difference being the "processorArchitecture" parameter in the given error message (mine says "x86"). Running the setup.exe with administrative privileges doesn't help.

1 Message

July 1st, 2011 20:00

Any update on this? Just got a new E6420 and I get the same error installing the updated Bluetooth driver (Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module) for Win7 x64. The failed install resulted in 3 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' enties in Device Manager now.  :-P

I've spent the last 5 hours online looking for answers. there appears to be many with this 1935 error, but no resolutions.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2011 03:00

MrLANlord,

Did you try the Bluetooth Software from Broadcom's website?

Rick

July 20th, 2011 10:00

Broadcom software hangs at detection and never finishes....

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 20th, 2011 11:00

Aurantchild,

Try reading How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager and use Internet Explorer Explorer to download the drivers, in your browser.

Rick

3 Posts

January 19th, 2012 11:00

Dell should address this problem and not leave it to us customers

January 19th, 2012 13:00

PUDGYONE;

Not sure how your response to Aurantchild relates to the problem at hand.

What does bypassing the Dell download manager have to do with a hung install process for the driver update package?

And further, why would you suggest that we go to the reference drivers site to get drivers that are supposed to come from Dell?

S.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 19th, 2012 16:00

WonderingAloud,

To use the Dell Download Manager, you need .net framework installed and some members state, the drivers did not install, when they're really trying to install the Dell Download Manager to download the drivers. You still have to install the drivers after the Dell Download Manager downloads them for you. You need to know which Rxxxxxx.exe file is for which drivers. If you How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager you know what drivers are for which device and they can be installed in the correct order, if reinstalling the operating system from a clean installation. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Drivers downloaded using the Dell Download Manager can be found at...

C:\Drivers     or     file:///C:/dell/drivers/

This is the reason most of the older members suggest to use Internet Explorer and download the drivers, in your browser.

Rick

3 Posts

January 20th, 2012 12:00

Hi,

The issue is that My E6410 was working fine for a long time Until I checked for Driver updates at the end of the year and simply downloaded this R285455 Bluetooth driver and thereafter the system reported that a driver was missing and led me to the Broadcom site and again no joy and now I have had to remove my Bluetooth Devices like Printer, Nokia E7 phone etc to minimize the issue of missing drivers from the Device Manager. I am still using my Mouse but though its drivers are reported missing, it is working. It is this frustrating since I like a clean machine

Mwangi, Kenya

1 Message

March 7th, 2012 01:00

Couldn't agree more, clearly nothing.  Here's what I found from Microsoft.

If you receive a 1935 error when you try to install software, the Windows file system transaction log has become corrupted. The transaction log is used by the Windows file system to recover when a file error occurs.

Method 1:
To correct this install error, you need to clear the log -
a.    Open an Administrator command prompt: Right-click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator" and click "Allow" for the elevation prompt
b.    In the command prompt, type the command below:

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

c.    This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is installed on another drive like D: (please change the drive letter appropriately).

d.    Reboot the system.
e.    Install the software and check.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to perform a SFC scan and check.
To Perform a SFC Scan -

a.     Click Start, click  All Programs, click  Accessories, right-click  Command Prompt, and then click  Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click  Allow

b.     Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow 

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

c.      If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue

d.     If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" 

e.     After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 3:

You may check if you can install the software in clean boot. Clean boot will help identify if any non-Microsoft service is causing the issue.
To perform the clean boot follow the step 1 mentioned in the below article and then try checking in this clean boot state -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue gets resolved check which non-Microsoft service is causing the problem; referring to the article and following other steps.
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

a. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
c. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Hope this helps.

1 Message

September 13th, 2016 08:00

I know this is an old thread but I just faced the same problem in a Latitude E5520. I did not even see the WIDCOMM Software in the list of installed applications. What solved the problem was installing the driver directly from Broadcom, click here to go there

After the install, I restarted and everything was working as expected.

No Events found!