Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 28th, 2013 11:00

Bluetooth Driver Windows 8 (Latitude E5400)

Hey Guys! Can u help me here? I was using Windows 7 on this Dell latitude E5400 from past 2yrs i guess! n now i installed windows 8! It works just fine! but i cant use bluetooth here! i really need the bluetooth drivers for Dell latitude E5400!!! Plz guys help me find them! m really in need of the drivers :( Thanx in advance guys!
 PS- Itz win 8 32-bit 

3.1K Posts

March 1st, 2013 10:00

Hi Mittrayash,

Thank you for providing the details. Since your system was shipped with Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth module. You can try the following steps which might work for you:

- Click the following link to download the most updated driver for the Bluetooth: http://dell.to/YGWb0i
- Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen'
- Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R226750.exe
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\dell\drivers\R226750
- Click Ok
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it
- Open the following path: C:\dell\Drivers\R226750\Win32 (Follow steps mentioned below)
Note: The steps listed below are based on Windows 32 bit version is installed in your laptop. Please refer to the step-by-step instructions as mentioned below:

- Click 'Computer' and drive letter 'C'
- Locate folder 'dell' and double click it
- Locate folder 'Drivers' and double click it
- Locate folder 'R226750'
- Locate folder 'Win32' and double click it
- Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below)

Right click file 'Inst'
- Click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User access control' message
- Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions
- Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality
- If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)

Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
- Navigate to C:\dell\Drivers\R226750\Win32
- Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
- Click “Install in compatibility mode’
- Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
- Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’
- Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows
- Click on ‘Windows 7’
- Click on ‘Start the Program’
- Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
- Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’

Note: Though the recommended steps have exhibited some positive results, you may still experience Bluetooth issues as the laptop is not tested to work optimally with Windows 8.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

3.1K Posts

February 28th, 2013 11:00

Hi Mittrayash

Windows 8 drivers for this are not available as this system has not been tested with Windows 8. You may refer to the link on Dell Computer Support for Windows 8 Upgrade http://dell.to/RnDAFu 

Please share the exact model no. of the bluetooth card shipped with your system. I will try to find the driver and provide you with an workaround which might be helpful.

Please reply if you have any questions.

16 Posts

February 28th, 2013 16:00

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/1/2013, 05:31:41

Machine name: YASH

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 32-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Latitude E5400                  

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A16

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8700  @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 2004MB RAM

Page File: 1214MB used, 2837MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 32bit Unicode

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know i used to use

Dell Latitude E5400 Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard on my previous win 7 n it worked perfectly! now i cant e1 see any driver in device manager!

i have fsquirt.exe but i doesnt work!

plz help me find the correct driver! or remote control my pc using teamviewer or something n help me out! i really appreciate ur efforts! ty!

16 Posts

February 28th, 2013 16:00

:(

3.1K Posts

Hi 

I have replied to your query on your actual post. Please refer to the link http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19494340.aspx 

16 Posts

Hey Guys! Can u help me here? I was using Windows 7 on this Dell latitude E5400 from past 2yrs i guess! n now i installed windows 8! It works just fine! but i cant use bluetooth here! i really need the bluetooth drivers for Dell latitude E5400!!! Plz guys help me find them! m really in need of the drivers :( Thanx in advance guys!
 PS- Itz win 8 32-bit 

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/1/2013, 05:31:41

Machine name: YASH

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 32-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Latitude E5400                  

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A16

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8700  @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 2004MB RAM

Page File: 1214MB used, 2837MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 32bit Unicode

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know i used to use

Dell Latitude E5400 Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard on my previous win 7 n it worked perfectly! now i cant e1 see any driver in device manager!

i have fsquirt.exe but i doesnt work!

plz help me find the correct driver! or remote control my pc using teamviewer or something n help me out! i really appreciate ur efforts! ty!

16 Posts

March 1st, 2013 13:00

Thank you very much Sir! U helped me through a lot! Bluetooth works now! :) Thanx!

16 Posts

March 1st, 2013 13:00

But i can't send files from my Bluetooth and can't e1 accept them e1 wen i hav a bluetooth softwre installed :(

3.1K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 21:00

Hi Mittrayash,

You may try the following steps and see it it works:

• Find the bluetooth icon in your system tray (it may be hidden; if so click the little up arrow to the left of the tray items and you'll be presented with all items in the tray.) 
  • Right-click on the bluetooth icon and select "Receive a File". 
  • A dialog will appear that states it's "waiting for a connection".

If the above steps do not work, try to disable the firewall of the computer and check.

16 Posts

March 4th, 2013 00:00

Hey bro! i cant find the receive file option ?? as u can see!! plz help!!! there's no such option! n i always keep my firewall n off! I dont use no antivirus! i disabled every protecting software that windows 8 provides! :( still nothing changes :| 

3.1K Posts

March 4th, 2013 23:00

Hi Mittrayash,

Thank you for the response. What happens when you click on 'Add a Bluetooth Device'? Please share a screenshot.

You may try the following steps:

• Move the mouse to the lower right so that several icons begin to appear
  • Move the mouse upward to reveal them. This set of icons is called the Charm Bar
  • Click Settings
  • Click Change PC Settings
  • Click Wireless
  • Under Wireless Devices, turn Bluetooth on or off

Turn On and Off Bluetooth in Windows 8
Turn Bluetooth on and off from this screen.

• Move the mouse to the lower right so that several icons begin to appear
    • Move the mouse upward to reveal them. This set of icons is called the Charm Bar
    • Click Settings
    • Click Change PC Settings
    • Click Devices
    • Click Add a Device

Turn On and Off Bluetooth in Windows 8

16 Posts

March 10th, 2013 16:00

i tried sending multiple pics but it took only 1 :/

16 Posts

March 10th, 2013 16:00

Hey! sry i din reply till date! was quite busy! I m sending a screen shot! bdw

it perfectly recognizes my phn! but still i cant send files and receive them! help plz!

but after a while it shows my phn as offline e1 wen i hav turned it to discoverable! 

3.1K Posts

March 11th, 2013 02:00

Hi Mittrayash,

Thank you for the response. It might be an issue with the Bluetooth driver. As mentioned earlier, this system was not tested with Windows 8. Hence the compatible drivers are not available. You may uninstall the Bluetooth driver from your system and try to install the driver as suggested by Rockstar natakuc4. It might work. Here is the link for the drivers http://dell.to/Z3YxGF

Hope this helps.

16 Posts

March 11th, 2013 03:00

Hey! I tried using the driver! it installed successfully but here is the error it shows 

once again! m using dell latitude E5400 nd  nothing happens e1 wen i press f1, f2, f3......... till f11! it does not activate! Help! Thanq!

No Events found!