Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2009 08:00

Bluetooth Headset (BH200) no longer works with my Inspiron 1720 after Windows 7 upgrade.

I recently did an in-place upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 RTM. For the most part, things have went brilliantly. The only issue I've been facing is regarding my bluetooth headset, a Dell BH200. The laptop is an Inspiron 1720.

I can get Windows 7 to pair with the headset, and even get the bluetooth settings to show that there is stereo audio available. The problem is that the bluetooth headset never shows up in my playback devices list. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the bluetooth drivers from Dell, tried turning on/off all of the features of the headset, removing the bluetooth driver and letting windows redetect and install but nothing has worked so far.

I did notice that there is an updated driver available from Broadcomm which targets Windows 7; however, it will not install on my machine in the same way that I cannot install drivers from NVIDIA, they have to be the Dell specific ones.

I guess I should mention that the headset worked fine in Vista. Anyone have any ideas?  Will there be an updated driver soon?  Is there a beta team to test it, if so, I'd gladly do it!

2 Posts

September 12th, 2009 20:00

I am having the same exact issue. I have the Inspiron 1721 and just upgraded it to Windows 7. Now my bluetooth headset BH200 goes not connect. Help Please!

1 Message

October 28th, 2009 13:00

Same here. I have the Inspiron 1720. I upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate from Windows Vista ultimate.  Any help is appreciated.. Thanks

2 Posts

November 4th, 2009 21:00

I also have the BH200 and cannot get it to install properly on Windows 7 to safe my life. It just keeps saying "no driver found".

It works like a charm on OSX. I have two other machines with Windows 7, one Dell and one home made, both with a little bluetooth plugin, but that shouldn't make any difference. There are just no correct BH200 drivers for Windows 7 and there should be regardless of what machine is used.

I've seen various topics via google on this matter but no answers.

Can someone post the correct drivers for Windows 7 for the BH200 headset please....

2 Posts

November 4th, 2009 22:00

I found this solution that partially solved my problem. It makes the headset / remote control functionality work in Windows 7. Unfortunately the stereo headset drivers wouldn't play game.

It's a bit more trouble than it should be, but at least it's something...

Just follow instructions on this page:

http://blog.komeil.com/2009/05/installing-bluetooth-headset-in-windows.html

1 Message

January 11th, 2010 16:00

Had the same problem (BH200 / Inspiron 1720 / Win 7) - finally found a solution!

First I tried Bluetooth drivers from CSR plc (Cambridge Silicon Radio) - this half worked, as I got mono and microphone from the BH200 headset, but no stereo.

Then I tried installing IVT's "Blue Soleil" bluetooth software (v6.4.249 in my case) - this worked a treat! Now I get stereo from the headset, or mono plus microphone, as I did when I had Vista instead of Win 7 Ultimate. The software user interface is not overly user-friendly, but I've seen worse. The Blue Soleil software installs it's own drivers for stereo and mono/mic.

Quite happy now.

1 Message

January 15th, 2010 22:00

I got my Plantronics Voyager 855 to work on my windows 7 Dell laptop (xps m1330) by installing this driver

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=23452&dscr=Broadcom%20BRM2045%20and%20BRM2046%20Bluetoot%20h%20Driver%20Version%206.2.1.500&uid=24766478

Now I can hear stereo audio and use skype with it. 

yes after at least 5 hours of trying I got my dell laptop to work by installing a Gateway driver.  Am I allowed to say dell sucks here?

61 Posts

February 14th, 2013 15:00

So which are the correct drivers fot the BH200 for windows 7 32bit? Any link to download it?

No Events found!