Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2011 15:00

Bluetooth Problem - AW m11x - Dell 365 Bluetooth Module

This is my third time posting to a forum in hopes that I can get a fix to my Bluetooth connection problem. I was directed here after posting into a thread about the 365/370 module in the laptop section.

You can find a thread I created here. And another I created on the Microsoft boards here.

To summarize:

I bought my laptop about a year ago along with a Microsoft BT 5000 mouse. The mouse worked great for months. About 2 months ago it started getting a little glitchy then finally gave out. I've swapped batteries and tried a different BT mouse - nothing worked. I then went through the various troubleshooting and support forums looking for answers. I've literally tried EVERYTHING. You can see some of my results and methods in the above links.

The bluetooth mouse will not pair with my computer. But when I turn on my phone's bluetooth (Motorola Driod) I can detect both my PC's bluetooth and the mouses bluetooth. When I try to pair my phone with my computer it won't connect. Likewise my computer won't detect any bluetooth's devices. Why is my computers BT detectable but unpairable??

One theory I have that seems to be unsupported is this is a Windows 7 problem. The mouse started going whacky shortly after I installed service pack 1.

I've tried drivers from other manufactures - even ones not intended for the 365 module.

I've basically stopped short of sending my computer into Dell because I can't work without it. I have a wireless USB that I grudgingly use.

So, does anyone have any advice or fixes that haven't already been recommended? I'm really at a loss at this point. After this I'm basically giving up my BT ever working again.

Thanks.

May 9th, 2011 06:00

i suggest this.

1. pull out the power cord then restart your laptop.

2. download and install the driver from dell then restart again.

3. then do what the guy said here. http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/p/19328608/19682299.aspx#19682299

18 Posts

May 9th, 2011 14:00

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post.

What's unplugging the power cord supposed to do?

I tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work. I've also looked at that thread before and unchecked the power management option. It's still unchecked.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) has any other ideas.

Thanks again.

May 9th, 2011 16:00

the usb powershare is enabled when the laptop is running on ac. it disabled when running on battery. disabling it will reset the powershare.

2 Posts

May 10th, 2011 13:00

My laptop is of the following specs,

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

3GB RAM, i3core

I am not able to find out anything about Bluetooth in my comp.

Can anyone tell me what is the issue, and where can i find the driver ...

13 Posts

August 5th, 2011 07:00

If it was bluetooth 365 or 370, forget about it. even if u are able to find, it will not last in device manager for long. They are defective. Dell would not listen/replace them.

1 Message

May 6th, 2012 08:00

I had the same problem with Windows 7 Professional, which was resolved as follows:

Go to Computer, right click and click on manage, computer management opens, click on device manager, click on Bluetooth Radios, right click Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module and update driver software, then try and connect your BT mouse again. In my case it worked flawlessly.

Good Luck

No Events found!