MikeLieberman
1 Nickel

RE: Bluetooth adapter missing after upgrade to windows 10 BUT OS claims a new driver is installed!

But the problem is not the "card." That is probably fine. It is the driver. So replacing it with what is already there makes no sense. 🙂

0 Kudos
RJ318
1 Nickel

RE: Bluetooth adapter missing after upgrade to windows 10 BUT OS claims a new driver is installed!

True. I went with Intel instead of Broadcom, which is usually Dell's goto component. My drivers are provided by Intel. Take a look at their site and see if they might have a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MikeLieberman
1 Nickel

Broadcom's drivers on their own website  go up to Windows 8 and stop there. I do see "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe" on my drive but it is not loaded as it does not appear in taskmanager. Windows 10 loaded so other BT code it there, at least it says it has, but I can't find it. According to another post, if I could identify the problem driver, I could remove it and load in the Dell Driver and it will work.

0 Kudos
RJ318
1 Nickel

You can try that. Hopefully it will work.

I had similar driver sitings, but couldn't get them to load. 

0 Kudos
MikeLieberman
1 Nickel

I would try it IF I could find the "current driver." But the BT device does not appear in the Device Drivers applet, at least not in a way I can identify. I am stuck.

0 Kudos
RJ318
1 Nickel

In your W10 "Settings". if the BT switch is grayed-out, any driver, while it says it is installed, will not work... dell's W10 testing and configuring locked that feature out... sadly.  This is why I had to go with a different brand...

After I upgraded to W10 and realized BT was gone, I noticed the switch in "Settings" was grayed-out and the title Bluetooth did not even appear in Device Manager.  There was a troubled item under Other Devices. I even tried to reinstall BT by calling it a "legacy" device - that showed up in DM with a driver, but BT in "settings" was still grayed-out.  After a month of trial, error and disappointments, I chose the Intel card and have been happy ever since. I purposely stayed away from the Broadcom cards.

If I had it to do again, I would go with a different brand other than a dell component.  You may have a similar fate...

Good luck, my friend.

0 Kudos
MikeLieberman
1 Nickel

Do you see a BT switch? I don't.

0 Kudos
RJ318
1 Nickel

That is what I had, initially.  After I added the "legacy" BT device, the category and switch appeared but the switch was grayed-out.

The Dell Wireless 370 BT card is still installed on my computer. The card I replaced was the WLAN card. The Intel version is a dual configuration card and includes BT connectivity. Someday, I'll remove the 370 card...

0 Kudos
RJ318
1 Nickel

Here's a WLAN wireless card w/bluetooth suggestion:  

www.intel.com/.../centrino-advanced-n-6235.html

0 Kudos