Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2020 12:00

Bluetooth connection issues with KB7120W and XPS 13 2in1

I purchased the Dell Multi-Device Wireless Combo to go with my new XPS 13 2in1. The mouse works great; it always stays connected even after wake-up and reboot. The keyboard, however, constantly disconnects on wake up or reboot. Basically, the keyboard shows up in devices as paired, but not connected; I have to disconnect the device and add it back and pair it each time. I tried the Knowledge Base and did not find anything. I called support and each support rep. that talked to said that they would connect me with the person who would be best to talk to; after 4 reps and waiting 3 hours, I hung up. I thought it might be a Win10 ver 2004 issue so I went to the MS Win10 community and posted the above details and got a reply that linked article 403457. I did read and tried some of the suggestions. I then replied the following:

"After more than a week, it is still not connecting well. Most of the time I have to delete the device in the "Mouse, Keyboard and Pen" list and re-pair.  That process usually goes like this:

1. In settings, select Devices.
  2. Under the "Mouse, Keyboard and Pen" list, select keyboard and click "Remove device".
  3. Click on add device. On the "Add a device" screen, click Bluetooth.
  4. Press link button on keyboard until the channel 2 light is on and press again until blinking.
  5. Wait until the keyboard shows up on the "Add a device" list, then click on it.
  6. At this point one of the following things will happen:
    1. You'll be asked to add a PIN on the keyboard (don't forget to press enter) then it says your done. Go to 7.
    2. You'll be asked "Try connecting device again".  Sometimes it works. After trying 3 times, I reboot the computer (in this case a new DELL XPS 13 2in1) and then start at item 1. again.
  7. At this point one of the following things will happen:
    1. The keyboard shows up on the "Mouse, Keyboard and Pen" list as Connectted. Done!
    2. The keyboard shows up on the "Mouse, Keyboard and Pen" list as Paired. Try pressing the link button on the keyboard until channel 2 light is on and wait up to a minute or so, if it shows up on the list as Connected: Done!
      1. If not, turn the keyboard off, wait 30 seconds and turn back on.
      2.  Go to item 2.
    3. The keyboard does not show up on the "Mouse, Keyboard and Pen" list: Go to item 2.

The mouse that came with it connects automatically every time. I would like the the keyboard to do the same. Windows 10 home says it is up to date. Windows says the drivers are the best drivers for the device. Dell website says I have the most updated drivers. I am still trying to figure out if this is a Windows 10 Home (ver. 2004) issue or DELL hardware/software issue. I was on Dell support call for three hours mostly on hold as each of the three or four people I talked to said they would forward me to the person who could best solve my issue. After 3 hours, I hung up."

Does anybody here have any suggestions?

Any help in this area would be much appreciated. Thanks

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2020 01:00

Just checking in here to say that since the last driver update to BT and WiFi, the keybaord has worked perfectly.

4 Posts

October 4th, 2020 14:00

After working with DELL Cares private messaging, I had tried everything and the next step was to reload W10. It was looking to me like it might be a driver issue in W10. I had spent enough time and opted to just use the wireless dongle; that worked great. I saw this update driver post and decided to try it again. I did and so far it is working great. 

Thanks to all who posted.

• 

25K Posts

August 25th, 2020 13:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

2 Posts

August 25th, 2020 21:00

Any news on how to fix it?

1 Message

August 26th, 2020 07:00

I have the same problem with a new dell xps 13 just purchased with the same keyboard. is there a fix to the problem?

August 26th, 2020 14:00

@DELL-Cares I'm experiencing the same issue on the xps 13 I just purchased. Have you determined a way to resolve it yet?

1 Message

August 27th, 2020 03:00

I have the same problem. Bluetooth mouse lag was a problem too, but recommended fix solved that issue. However, keyboard lag symptoms are the same as those described above and the problem persists. With my new XPS 13 2in1, I thought I'd purchased a Ferrari, but it feels more like a FIAT.

August 27th, 2020 05:00

I have the same problem with XPS 15 7590.

With Dell Peripheral Manager, Firmware 1.4.4.5 for Keyboard KB7120W, and Firmware 2.5.5.3 for mouse MS5320W,  theoretically both devices are updated.

I add that this incident is disappointing, other bluetooth devices (mouses and keyboards) of unknown and much cheaper brands do not give any problem, connect immediately and without interruptions. Hopefully it is a question of faulty firmware not checked before publication.

Thanks.

August 27th, 2020 05:00

???

I honestly don't understand this answer on a forum. What about users with the same problem?

4 Posts

August 27th, 2020 19:00

Update:

Still working on this with DELL-Cares. I will post the solution once (if) we get one.

1 Message

August 29th, 2020 20:00

Agree with the constant disconnection from wake up when pairing with Dell XPS13.  recently purchased xps with Mouse and Keyboard combination.  Mouse wakes and pairs every time, keyboard needs to be re-connected every time the laptop wakes up.  Is there a fix for this issue?

1 Message

August 30th, 2020 08:00

Same issue for me, although I've got the Dell G3 15 gaming laptop. First few weeks it seemed to work okay, but lately I've had to re-connect the keyboard every single time. Mouse that came with it works fine.

Very disappointing as this was an expensive purchase and specifically got it for the convenience factor.

• 

16.6K Posts

August 31st, 2020 09:00

DLand77,

Click here for information to resolve the bluetooth issue.

3 Posts

September 9th, 2020 00:00

Same problem here. Seems to only have started since latest windows updates. I had several weeks of trouble-free use of the keyb and mouse and was happy it solved problems with my old Logitech RF set. Now I am back to continual keyboard issues; either a delay in key input after I return to my PC or no connection at all after sleep/standby and requires complete repairing.

1 Message

September 13th, 2020 15:00

exactly the same issue for me with an xp15- brand new. keyboard and mouse connects fine

mouse works. keyboard constantly says paired..and doesnt work

No Events found!