Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 13:00

Bluetooth not available under WIndows 10

Venue 11 Pro (5130 32-bit)

I upgraded to WIndows 10. Everything seems fine EXCEPT that Bluetooth isn't available any longer. I upgraded the BIOS and Intel chipset firmware to the latest versions but it didn't resolve the problem.

The Bluetooth on/off toggle is not visible under Settings | Devices. The computer won't discover the wireless mouse that I was happily using with the tablet under Win 8.1.

Perhaps related is that the product support page for the tablet shows contradictory information:

"Windows 10 upgrade is available. Dell has tested this product to confirm that it can upgrade to WIndows 10"

and

"Windows 10 Operating System not supported for this device. Dell does not support the Windows 10 operating system with this device, Some Windows 10 compatible drivers may not be available on this page. View supported operating system or a list of Dell computers supported for Windows 10". The list contains my tablet.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2015 09:00

Solved by reinstalling the Dell Wireless 1538 WiFi/BT Driver for Win 8.1

39 Posts

July 31st, 2015 13:00

How did you do that? Thanks

July 31st, 2015 15:00

I have installed Windows 10 on my DELL 5130.  My wireless was working perfectly..then my touch driver seemed to do something strange...when i clicked on screen, apps did not respond.  But I could start menu and reboot.  After reboot...i had no wireless.  I uninstalled the wireless and had to download the win 8.1 Dell 1538 driver to re-install.

Now the driver shows disabled.  When i tap enabled this device, it runs through...enabling, then says enabled in the dialog.  That disappears and it's still disabled.

Any ideas?  This is same driver for BT and my BT seems to working just fine.

Marc

7 Posts

August 12th, 2015 05:00

Mfrederick98 did you solve the BT problem?

I really want to upgrade my Venue 11 Pro (5130 32-bit).

August 12th, 2015 07:00

No JJDENVER, I actually reverted back to 8.1 with the recovery option.  I update bios to A12, tried reinstalling network drivers...Nothing.

I actually did try the update again and wireless worked after 1 reboot, like the first round.  But after the 2nd reboot...wireless was dead  again, same issue.

I also noticed a strange video display lag that was NOT there the first round.  Instead of crisp screen refresh and smooth color fade transitions...you could see the screen wiping between transitions.  Nothing would fix that either.  

Other options i've not tried, clean install vs upgrade.  Windows is historically not 100% when updgrading...since my first win98 update from win351...seems upgrading just never works.  But fresh installs have always been 100% solid.

I upgraded my DELL XPS 13 and it went flawless.  Only issue is my VPN software will not be available until mid-sept...so I'm keeping my Venue 11pro on 8.1 until then.

JJDENVER,  did you try the upgrade? 

May 16th, 2016 23:00

Top 1. Fix the Bluetooth Driver on Your Windows 10 Computer

Top 2. Remove and Add the Bluetooth Devices

1. Go to the Control Panel. Click "Hardware and Sound" and "Bluetooth Devices".

2. Select the device that's not working and click "Remove".

3. Click "Add" and press the reset button on the device.

4. Select "My device is set up and ready to be found" check box and click "Next".

5. When the Bluetooth device is found, select it, click "Next" and follow the rest of the wizard.

Top 3. Allow Bluetooth Devices to Connect to This Computer

1. Go to Control Panel. Click "Hardware and Sound" and "Bluetooth Devices".

2. Click the Options tab.

3. Make sure the "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" check box is selected.

May 16th, 2016 23:00

Top 1. Fix the Bluetooth Driver on Your Windows 10 Computer

Top 2. Remove and Add the Bluetooth Devices

1. Go to the Control Panel. Click "Hardware and Sound" and "Bluetooth Devices".

2. Select the device that's not working and click "Remove".

3. Click "Add" and press the reset button on the device.

4. Select "My device is set up and ready to be found" check box and click "Next".

5. When the Bluetooth device is found, select it, click "Next" and follow the rest of the wizard.

Top 3. Allow Bluetooth Devices to Connect to This Computer

1. Go to Control Panel. Click "Hardware and Sound" and "Bluetooth Devices".

2. Click the Options tab.

3. Make sure the "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" check box is selected.

Hadoop Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai | Aws Training in Chennai

May 27th, 2016 02:00

I also want to upgrade 192.168.1.1

13 Posts

September 21st, 2016 21:00

I updated to Win10 with the Alienware 15 (2015) and it killed all Bluetooth (before that under Win 8.1 BT audio NEVER WORKED but I got a BT mouse to work with much fiddling). Also during SHUTDOWN the laptop would make the screen black but everything else was still running (hard drive, keyboard lights, etc.). I had to hold the power key down to shut the computer off. Scary so I reverted back to Windows 8.1  I'll go with Win10 on my next new PC. :-/

35 Posts

March 10th, 2017 03:00

After updating to windows 10 users are getting various issues and Bluetooth is one of them. To fix the issues follow the steps:

Remove and Add the Bluetooth Devices

To fix the problem try to remove it and add it again:

1. First go to the Control Panel. And click “Hardware and Sound” and “Bluetooth Devices”.

2. Choose the device that’s not working and click “Remove”.

3. Now click “Add” and press the reset button on the device.

4. Select “My device is set up and ready to be found” check box and click “Next”.

5. When the Bluetooth device is found select it, and click “Next” and follow the rest of the process.

Hope this will help you if not then visit this

1 Message

July 13th, 2017 06:00

To try to troubleshoot and fix the problem, do one or more of the following: Update the driver. To do this, press and hold (or right-click) the parent device, then select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software.

3 Posts

March 7th, 2018 11:00

After installing Windows 10 ver 1709 32-bit, I also had no bluetooth after installing the Dell 5138 wifi/bluetooth driver (dell 0WGYT).  This is what fixed it for me:

Choose "extract" after running the driver file.  In the extracted folder, right-click the file ..\drivers\production\Windows8.1-x86\Bluetooth-Driver\qcbtuart (choose the one that is described as "Setup Information" in the "type" column) and choose "Install" from the context-sensitive menu.  After a few seconds, it prompted me to restart, and Voila!  the bluetooth driver was now listed in Device Manager.

This worked in this case.  Your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps someone.

Matt

No Events found!