raju1111
1 Copper

Bluetooth suddenly stops working

Jump to solution

Hi ! 

I have a dell studio 1558 laptop and it's got this Bluetooth problem. I use BT to connect to Internet through my phone as a modem. But sometimes it suddenly stops working and the BT icon vanishes from the taskbar. Every attempt to restart it by Wireless switch, or by restarting BT service/process fails. (this does not happen with WiFi, or any other connection though). The only way I get back Bluetooth ON again is if I put the system to sleep, or I shut down and Turn On (Hibernate, Restart, Log off doesn't work). And this happens more frequently while multitasking than normal use.

I am using Windows 7 Home premium (service pack 0).I have the latest Bluetooth module installed, latest system BIOS installed as available in the dell website. Is this software problem or hardware problem?

What should I do. Please help.......

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Bluetooth suddenly stops working

Jump to solution

raju1111,

Start, control panel, device manager, Bluetooth Radios, power management. Uncheck the box, allow the computer turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015