Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2010 20:00

Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Problem

I just manually reinstalled my Windows Vista Operating System and realized I can no longer connect to the Internet.  I read a similar discussion with a person who had the same problem.  It seems I didn't install the drivers in the correct order.  I understand how to fix it, but I cannot connect to the internet to install the drivers in the correct order in the first place. 

I have little experience pertaining to laptops.

13 Posts

January 19th, 2010 22:00

What the model of your laptop? Have  you tried using the recoveyr disc or the driver disc that comes with the laptop?

If you have experience install drivers on a desktop computer, there should be no problem when you're going to do it on your laptop.

Thanks

DoctorScott

626 Posts

January 20th, 2010 13:00

I cannot connect to the internet to install the drivers in the correct order in the first place. 

Use a system that has access to the internet and download the drivers from support.dell.com for your system that doesn't have all the drivers on it.  Then copy those drivers to a USB key.  Then copy the files from the USB key to the system that you need to install the drivers on.

No Events found!