Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2012 20:00

Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet - No Internet Access

Hi HANNAY,

I'm having the exact problem as you had on the Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet card.. :emotion-9:

So did Rick's proposed solution works?

Thanks!

September 25th, 2012 20:00

Hi,

My network status in Windows 7 shows "No Internet Access" - I get a yellow warning ! on the network icon in the system tray). :emotion-7:

Internet access to the computer LAN port does remain, and WIFI from the router is working fine.

My PC has a fixed IP and not linked to any other computer/s.

Within the Network and Sharing Centre, between the Network and the Internet is a red X

Any reason why this would be?

My PC is XPS8300. Network card is Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

Many Thanks!

3.3K Posts

September 25th, 2012 22:00

Hi stardust205,

Restart the computer in “Safe mode with networking”(restart the computer and key tapping F8 on Dell logo and select safe mode with networking) to check if it works.

If the error message pops up again, please check the settings in BIOS if the Onboard LAN controller is enabled.

I have provided steps below to check the status of Onboard LAN controller:

1. Restart the computer and hit F2 on Dell logo.
  2. Navigate to “Advanced” Tab.
  3. Scroll down to “Onboard LAN controller” and check if it is enabled.
  4. If the Onboard LAN controller is Disabled, enable the Onboard LAN controller and Save and exit.

Now restart the computer and check if you get any error message.

If the issue still persists, update BIOS from the link given below:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-8300?driverId=R318123&osCode=W764&fileId=2731121903

If a BIOS update process is interrupted, the computer may not function properly. We recommend this process to be done in an environment where there is continuous power supply to the computer while performing (preferably connected with UPS).

Also, update the drivers from the below link:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-8300?driverId=NDC29&osCode=W764&fileId=2731097984

Let me know if this helped.

3.3K Posts

September 25th, 2012 22:00

Hi stardust205,

I have provided the resolution in a different post of yours.

Below is the link for the previous post:

en.community.dell.com/.../20192603.aspx

Let me know if that helped.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 26th, 2012 03:00

I have merged the threads so everything is in one thread.

Rick

3 Posts

December 26th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

I too have a XPS 8300 and the BroadcomNetlink Gigabit Ethernet adapter that disappears from the list of Network adapters in Device Manager. I have tried what you suggested above and the problem has not been resolved. Any other ideas?

Jim

3 Posts

February 4th, 2013 06:00

Dell replaced my motherboard and the problem has gone away.

Jim

1 Message

March 3rd, 2013 14:00

Hi, after 18 months, my network card started playing up. Sometimes I could get it working with several reboots, others nothing. Network adapter was not being detected and eventually it told me to re-install drivers.  I spoke to Dell sipport who said they would send me a link to the drivers (which they never did) but told me if that didn't work, I would have to have a new mother board fitted.

Searching around, I found, along with this forum, another website forum, where a guy talked about the network adapter being temperature sensitive. My spare room heater packed up a couple of months back, so this theory interested me.

Long story short, I took a 2kw fan heater, and directed onto the PC casing. Hey presto, the network adapter was recognised and I was able to reinstall the drivers, though I don't believe that was actually necessary.

I have tested this out several times now. Cold I get no data light on my router and the adapter isn't recognised. A few minutes with the fan heater and it all works perfectly!

Might not be the solution to everyone's problem but thought I'd share it.

Fingers crossed for you all.

11 Posts

April 1st, 2013 14:00

same here but different

3 Posts

July 13th, 2013 13:00

got message in dialog box something like "could not find current ME version" when updating bios as instructed but then when rerun bios updater shows current version as A06

still had problem after BIOS update

updated drivers and got dialog box titled Broadcom Management Program, said Microsoft SNMP Service was not detected ...

Driver update installed "Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3" - what am I supposed to do with this?

At the moment connection is working fine.

thx

3 Posts

July 14th, 2013 10:00

next day still have same problem

please help

1 Message

August 18th, 2013 01:00

Hi Dell,

I am using Dell vostro 1400 , bought in US in 2008 with vista operating system . Its still on sp1. 

since june 2013 , my lan nic card is not getting detected. The  broadcom netlink TM fastethernet  is not being installed properly. I tried multiple versions of the drivers, trying to installl several times. But it is of no use.  Also my Dell wireless 1505 draft 802.11 wlan mini-card is not working.

When I am trying to  install the broadcom netlink(TM) fast ethernet with automatic installation of  drivers, I am getting the erro message - Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check thee support section for driver software.

my dell service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> .. please help in resolving , as i am keeping my laptop idle for last 2 months  due to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

No Events found!