The cable network adapter has disappeared from the Device Manager. I no longer have a cable connection, just Wi-Fi on a separate adapter. Realtek Network Diagnostic application does not detect the network adapter and neither does Dell Support Assist System Information application.
- Ethernet NIC: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.
- Notebook model: Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Professional - version 1703 Bld 15063.332. (Creators Update ...).
- Overall update status: BIOS version is the latest "A11" and all installed device drivers are those currently recommended by Dell web site.
- Note: Network cable itself is OK and the network provider signal exists as other PC’s do not show connection failures with the same cable when tested individually).
I would appreciate any help to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I followed your recommendations but I did not get the expected results. Windows still does not detect the Ethernet network adapter and I still do not have wired connection . I also checked the BIOS and made sure the network is enabled so I do not know what else I could do.
Thank you very much and if you have additional suggestions please let me know.