KBrennan805
1 Copper

Can connect only through Internet Explorer (no add-ons), but can not download updates or use Firefox

I can connect to the internet using Internet Explorer with add ons disabled.  However, I am not able to download any Windows updates or anything else (tried to download Google Chrome, and it said I wasn't connected to the internet).  I tried scanning my computer for viruses with Spybot S&D, but I can't download updates for that either, so it's pretty much useless.

I tried connecting to the internet using Firefox and I can't.  It says that I am not connected to the internet.  The only way I can connect is by using I.E.

I checked my network connections, and it says "Connected" under "Internet Gateway" and "LAN or High-Speed Internet."

What can I do?  I don't have my firewall enabled.  I have Norton Antivirus and I'm not sure if that is the problem b/c when I click on "Norton Internet Security" to do a scan, the program freezes, so that's useless as well.

I'm not sure exactly what additional information you may need, so just let me know (and also where to find it!) and I can provide whatever you need (short of my social security number!)...

Any help would be really appreciated!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jC1993
1 Copper

Re: Can connect only through Internet Explorer (no add-ons), but can not download updates or use Firefox

I'm having the same issue except I can only connect with SBC Yahoo, I.E. and Mozilla do not work. Also, at the top where the icons are, it doens't give the refresh button or back/forward and the eMail/Home/Yahoo buttons are blacked out. I can download stuff but I cannot update anything including windows updates. This continues if I try in safemode also. Thank you for your time and any help you may give.

0 Kudos