Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2012 16:00

Can't find a driver to Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB Adapter for Windows 7

Hi.

I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my PC, and wanted to add a Wi-Fi ability to it.

I have a Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB Adapter, so I tried to connect it to the desktop.

Windows didn't recognized it. I searched really hard across the internet - but couldn't find a proper driver to this device.

The only related thing I've found is a UTILITY from dell site (over here: 

- but still - this installed only the Utility, not the driver. The adapter still stays "Unreconized" on my computer.

I'll happy to know what are my options.

Thanx in advance.

4.4K Posts

March 28th, 2012 05:00

Hi Cheetah64d,

Welcome to the Community,

The link which you've posted should install both the utility and the driver. In device manager if its showing as unknown device you can try the below steps to manually update the driver and see if that helps:

In Device Manager,Right click Unknown Device,click update drivers,Browse my computer for driver software,select the location where you have downloaded and saved the above driver, and click Next.See if that helps to get the driver installed.

Have you been able to use this adapter with Windows 7 before?

Thank You

Roshan.

14 Posts

March 28th, 2012 13:00

I've tried that before - but windows keep giving me the next error:

even if I point it to the "Driver" folder of the installation.

And to answer your second question - no, I haven't used it on Windows 7 before. Just on XP, with no problems.

Keep trying! :)

4.4K Posts

March 29th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

I checked on this and i find Dell does not have the Windows 7 compatible driver for this adapter.

The only other thing you can try with this same driver is to install it in compatible mode and see if it works.

Try the below steps  to install the driver in compatible mode:

1. Right click on the installation file (setup.exe) and click Properties.

2. Click on the Compatibility tab.

3. Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”

4. Choose Windows XP SP2 from the drop down list.

5. Select “Run this program as an administrator” option under the Privilege Level topic.

6. Click Apply, click OK.

Thank You

Roshan.

No Events found!