Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2010 07:00

Can't install EnGenius Wireless LAN USB adapter

I have a Dimension 3000 and I am trying to switch from an Ethernet network to a wireless one using the Wireless modem/router from Qwest and adding Engenius EUB-9703 network adapters to each of our 2 Dimension 3000s. I have installed and uninstalled the USB device and can't find out why it shows up on "other devices" rather than Network devices in the Device Manager with a yellow question mark. I keep getting the message "Found new hardware”, but it doesn't recognize the software/drivers from either the company website or from the installation CD. It goes through the entire installation but somehow can’t complete.  The icon is in the system tray but it says "EnGenius Wireless LAN Card not exist". I've been to the Dell driver section and downloaded anything I thought would help, but still getting the same error message.  I thought the problem was with the device, but it installed without any problems on our other Dell.

I've been working on this or the past 5 nights after getting home from my day job. Can anyone help?

No Responses!
No Events found!