Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 22nd, 2013 08:00

Cannot connect JBL Charge Bluetooth

Hi 

I'm trying to connect my JBL Charge Speaker bluetooth with my Dell Studio 15 laptop to listen music from my laptop, and cannot do it.

I installed the drivers for bluetooth, and my laptop doesn't find my speakers! Do I have to do anything else?

Can anyone help me? Is it possible to connect the speakers to my laptop?

I think my bluetooth is it working in my  laptop because I could connect my cellphone... but not the JBL Charge...

I have Windows Vista.

Thanks!

1 Message

March 19th, 2014 09:00

I was having the same problem, but i found it:
I hope you al understand how to connect the JBL Charge to a new BT device (press and hold the on/off button until it starts blimping red-blue)

Go to the speaker on the right of the screen
Right click
Playable devices (or something)
Turn the standard speaker off
Turn the BT device (which you should see in the list)

It worked for me and I hope for you all too!

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 23:00

Thanks SMIFFLAR it worked for me as it took me a whole day to figure this out .

thanks a lot !

2K Posts

September 24th, 2013 03:00

Hi fede_lalia,

I will be glad to help you. Request you to try connecting the JBL charge speaker to a different system or a Mobile phone and check if it works. If it doesn’t work then there is a hardware issue with the speaker and you will have to contact JBL. However, if the speaker works fine on a different system or mobile then do send me the system service tag via private message. I will check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a message.

4 Posts

September 25th, 2013 20:00

Hi Kiran, 

thanks for your answer. I answer you... My speaker is working properly because I can connect it to my Sony mobile phone.

Maybe I have to install drivers to connect it to my laptop.

Another thing I didn't tell you es that I can connect my laptop via bluetooth to my Sony mobile phone.

The only connection I can't do is from my laptop to my JBL speaker. My laptop doesn't recognize it.

I'll send you my system service tag via message.

Thanks again.

Federico

2 Posts

November 9th, 2013 16:00

I am having the same problem, did you find a fix for this?

4 Posts

November 14th, 2013 14:00

I'm sorry but couldn't find the fix yet...

1 Message

November 16th, 2013 09:00

I'm also having the same issue.

However I've managed to get my laptop to find the speaker I now just can't get it to connect......so annoying!

To get your laptop to find the speaker you need to press and hold the power button on the JBL charge so it flashes red and blue before you click on 'Add a device' in your bluetooth settings.  Hopefully that will work

It worked for me but says the speaker is disconnected and I cannot figure out how to connect it, so if you do can you let us know how!

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 13:00

This worked, thank you very much!

1 Message

February 7th, 2014 16:00

I had the same issue as well. Was able to pair the speaker to the laptop, but unable to get audio out of the speaker...any ideas?

1 Message

February 12th, 2014 19:00

I had the same issue as well. Was able to pair the speaker to the laptop, but unable to get audio out of the speaker...any ideas?

Hi,
If you can search the speaker, then the speaker is ok.

The issue is your computer/laptop's bluetooth.
A: If the speaker is on the search list, while can not connect, try to go to "control panel" and re_set the "Hardware and Sound", and then click "Bluetooth Devices".

B: if you have tried A step, still failed, pay attention to your computer's "audio", some computer does not support audio output, then you need to add a Bluetooth adapter which includes a CD driver.

So as long as your device can search the bluetooth speaker, the speaker is OK, the issue is the computer, then you need to check your computer's Bluetooth function.

Any one tried my suggestion, a share of the result will be appreciated.

1 Message

March 30th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for this post -- it allowed me to successfully connect my JBL Charge to my Dell laptop. LH

June 20th, 2014 15:00

Hiii........

I am able to connect my DELL XPS with JBL Charge, but not able to play the audio.

In Plaback device option Turn the BT device is not showing.

Please help.

June 20th, 2014 15:00

Hii 

I am also having same problem. Have u got any solution??? Plz help.........

4 Posts

August 9th, 2014 13:00

Hi,

did you find any solution? I am facing same issues. I am able to connect my laptop to the speaker:

But I cannot see it as a source of audio:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ondro

1 Message

August 16th, 2014 11:00

Sorry, no help here,  I can't even get my Dell Latitude 6430u (running Windows 7)  to see the JBL speaker.

The JBL speaker easily connects to my iphone so its working perfectly.  I made sure the JBL speaker was in the blue/red flashing mode and still the "add devices" shows no JBL speaker to add.   The add devices screen does show other printers on my network.   I did an update driver on both hardware items "Dell Wirless 1601 Bluetooth Device"  and the "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator".  They said they were up to date even though one of them is over 8 years old.

What's next?  I thought I might look for updated bluetooth drivers for my laptop.

Its nice (and frustrating) to know others have gotten the speaker to at least show up as a device to add.

No Events found!