Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2010 02:00

Cannot enable wireless network connection on Vostro 1500 (Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card as listed in Device Manager)

Basically I cannot enable the wireless network connection. Here's what I have: In Network Connections I have two network connections, the Local Area Connection (wired ethernet), and this works fine without a problem, and I have the Wireless Netwok Connection. The Wireless Network Connection is greyed out and says that it is "Disabled". When I right click on it and click on Enable a small window pops up and say "Enabling", then is says "Enabled", but the Wireless Network Connection is still greyed out and says "Disabled". One more thing, the 5 bars are all green. Not sure if that matters.

Here's what I have tried:

• I have checked the wireless switch on the side and it is in the on position, but the green LED never lights up next to the button.
  • But the Wireless WiFi blue light icon on top (this icon is along with bluetooth, battery, hard drive activity) comes up once the drivers are installed. If uninstalled, the light does not come up.
  • I have checked the BOIS settings and all my wireless settings are enabled.
  • I have uninstalled the drives and tried the different versions of dell drivers to no success
  • When I click on the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility I get the message: "There are currently no wireless adapters available and enabled. Please enable any available wireless adapters before accessing this configuration utility".
  • In the Device Manager the Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card can be found under Network adapters. There is neither a red or yellow icon next to it. When I click on properties for this I am told that this device is working properly.
  • I have tried uninstalling the drivers, and I have also physically removed and re-installed the card itself, all with no success.

My OS is Vista. The chipset listed on the wireless card is BCM94312MCG.

The card worked fine before restoring to factory condition. I have tried searching the internet as well as these forums and have found a amazing number of issues with the 1390 wireless card, but have not found a solution to my problem. Is there anyone that has any suggestions?

Thank you!

Savi.

No Responses!
No Events found!