Highlighted
techno21
1 Copper

Cannot get my Intel WiFi Link 5300 wireless card to install properly on my my Latitude 6500 using XP SP3

Cannot get my Intel WiFi Link 5300 wireless card to install properly on my my Latitude 6500 using XP SP3. I can go to the Intel website and download the latest driver but once everything has been downloaded and ran, then restarted the wireless icon says that my driver is not installed. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Cannot get my Intel WiFi Link 5300 wireless card to install properly on my my Latitude 6500 using XP SP3

techno21,

Did you recently install the operating system?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
techno21
1 Copper

Re: Cannot get my Intel WiFi Link 5300 wireless card to install properly on my my Latitude 6500 using XP SP3

No, the operating system has been installed.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

techno21,

Use system restore and go back before you installed the Intel Driver.

You can also download the driver from HERE.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
techno21
1 Copper

I downloaded the driver that you hyperlinked; however after saving the application I started to run it and there was a

[Setup Error] stating: This software package cannot be installed on your system. The setup application will exit.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

techno21,

Di you try running the tool at Intel's website? Intel® Driver Update Utility

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
techno21
1 Copper

I ran the Intel Update and it stated this: This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. i bought this car from Dell a month ago however there was not a CD that came with it. I know that should not matter but thought I should say so.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

techno21,

Make a system restore point. That way you can come back to what you have.

I had a 5100 and if memory serves me correctly, you'll need to go to device manager, right click on the adapter and uninstall everything, including the software with it.

Restart your computer, then try installing the Intel drivers.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
techno21
1 Copper

There were no adapters under network adapters besides the 1394 and the Gigabit Network Connection.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

techno21,

Did you try looking at these places to see if the Connection is enabled

In device manager under network you are seeing which adapter?

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos