Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2013 11:00

Connectivity Issue with Intel Centrino N-2230 on Dell Insprion 17R

I've had this laptop for under a year, and a few months in I began to experience this issue. Periodically, I'm unable to connect or will have limited connection to my home network, meanwhile every other device in the home is fine. I've gone through other forums and tried the power plan method, the drivers are up to date, and I continue to have to deal with hours(right now days) without an Internet connection on my main computer. Usually it would resolve itself after a few restarts, but it hasn't done it this time. Any other possible things I can try?

953 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 03:00

Hi daguiart,

From your post I understand that the laptop is not connecting to the internet wirelessly. Please follow the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Press and hold the Windows Key on the keyboard and then press R key to launch Run Dialog box.
  2. Type “cmd” and hit “Enter”.
  3. Type “ipconfig” at the command prompt and hit “Enter”.
  4. Check if “IPv4” and “Default Gateway” show a valid IP Address.
  5. Ping the “IPv4” and “Default Gateway”.
  6. If you get response in the above step, type “ping www.dell.com” and check if there is response.
  7. If Ping is successful in the previous steps and Internet Explorer is unable to open any websites or showing Page cannot be displayed. Run below MS Fix-Its using wired connection:
    1. Winsock Reset - Fix it
    2. Automatically diagnose and fix common security setting on Windows
    3. MS Fix it : Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer
  8. If ping is successful for default gateway, but not for websites, check in “Safe Mode With Networking”. If you are able to go online in “Safe Mode With Networking”, then it’s an issue mostly with firewall.
  9. If you are not able to ping the website or go online in “Safe Mode With Networking” also, then “Power Cycle” the router.
No Events found!