Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2009 12:00

ControlPoint Connection Manager: Permissions on Profile folder sharing

I have an E6500 laptop and am configuring the ControlPoint Connection Manager with different profiles for different locations. On my "Home" profile, I want to share two folders so I can synchronize files with my desktop. So, in the profile wizard I enter the two folders I want to share under "Folder Sharing". It works correctly, in that when the "Home" profile is applied the folders are shared and they are not shared for other profiles.

The problem I'm having is that the sharing permissions give "Everyone" read-only access. I need the share to be read/write (preferably for domain users only but I'll take "Everyone" if I have to). If I manually change the folder permissions, it works until the profile changes. Then the permissions get set back to read-only.

How can I tell the Connection Manager to setup the shares under my "Home" profile with read/write permissions?

If this isn't possible, then I'll have to setup the shares without using the Connection Manager, which means they'll be out there all the time; a less than ideal option.

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!