Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

April 17th, 2012 19:00

D610 - Intel PROSet - Wireless in Windows MODE not picking up network in range

D610 - Intel PROSet

tab: Advance>>"Use Windows to manage WiFI" (F10)

When in Windows MODE the view network in range does NOT pick up anything even though the connection still exists.

How do I configure to see the networks in range ?

26 Posts

April 18th, 2012 20:00

Thank U for the info. I followed the instruction. When I "refresh network list" I get the following message in the white right box. "No wireless networks were found in range. Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on. To see an updated list click "refresh Network list." "

The connection still exists and internet is functioning properly. The icon in task is present and the PROSet icon is white. I  just cannot see any available networks.

Thank U again ... please help further.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2012 20:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

There 2 utilities you can use to configure wireless in you Xp Computer. Wireless Zero Configuration or Intel ProSet. I recommend you to use wireless zero config. To make use of this you need to select the option in Proset to let windows manage the wireless (WIfi). Then you need to enable and start the windows zero config.

Steps:

- Select "Use Windows to manage Wifi" under advance tab of Proset window.

- Start>Run> Type Services.msc  

- Look for Wireless Zero Config, then double click

- Wireless Zero Config Properties will come out, In General tab startup type should be Automatic, and service status should be "started". (if status is already started, stopped then choose start again) Then apply.

Regards,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2012 21:00

You are welcome.

Can you check if you WIFI is on. Look on the status lights. (Near the power button) See if then WIFI is on. To Enable/Disable WIFI press FN+F2.

26 Posts

April 18th, 2012 21:00

Toggled the RADIO - Green WifI light is on. How do I re install the Wireless Zero Config ? .... I might need to do that.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Can you go to control panel>network connections then right click wireless connection icon then properties. Look for Wireless Tab, and check Use Windows to configure Wireless network setting. Then try again.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 19th, 2012 02:00

26 Posts

April 19th, 2012 12:00

Thank U all for the assistance.

It might be time to reload the network part of XP. How do I reload re-install the Network portion of XP with my OEM CD.

This all happened after updating windows.

What Tab:General "this connection uses the following items:" need to be installed ?

There are some check boxes in the white window.

I have no option to Uninstall "internet Protocal(TCP/IP)

When I try to install it offers 3 options client, Service, Protocal

* How do I install/use the network portion of XP if I uninstall the optional PROSet drives ?

I would like to uninstall the PROSet Drives and connect only with the XP ZERO.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 19th, 2012 15:00

Uber_Noob,

Make sure to download the drivers for your network adapter and save it to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Go to device manager, network, right click on the network adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to uninstall the drivers, also.

Restart your computer.

When you log in, the computer may install the network adapter. If it does, try to connect.

What happens?

If it doesn't install, then install the drivers.

Rick

26 Posts

April 20th, 2012 23:00

Thanks for all the follow ups.

1. Un-installed PROSet

2. Un-installed Drives in DEVICE Drivers

3. Inserted DELL XP CD

4. Rebooted

5. Hardware detected but not installed

6. Attempted use DELL XP CD to install NETWORK

7. Requested SP3 CD for continue ... CD is only SP2

8. Unable to continue to Install HW drivers

9. Install PROSet - worked fine

10. Switch to WINDOWS ZERO

11. Still does NOT indicate network in range

12. Switch back to PROSet

ZERO still does NOT indicate networks in range but PROSet works fine.

Any suggestions ? :(

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2012 04:00

Uber_Noob,

Did you have the drivers saved to the desktop? If yes, you could try installing the drivers.

What are you seeing under network in the device manager? If it's a yellow exclaimination mark, right click on it, then update driver and see if it finds the drivers on the desktop.

You can use system restore and go back to what you had.

Rick

26 Posts

April 27th, 2012 01:00

I installed the drivers and checked the Device Manager. No errors or yellow marks. All is working properly but NOT in WINDOWS ZERO. The networks that show up in PROSet are missing in the ZERO mode. When switching to ZERO mode the connection still exists but the NETWORKS in range do not show up.

Please help.

System restore is NOT available.

I appreciated all the insight.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2012 08:00

Uber_Noob,

Download the System Information Tool If using Vista/Windows 7, the tool needs extracted. Once extracted, right click on sysinfo and run as administrator.

If using XP, double click on the tool, then double click on sysinfo.

Allow this past your virus program and post the information back here.

Rick

No Events found!