Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2022 06:00

DA310 not function with MacBook Pro M1 Pro

I did get an USB-C Mobile Adapter DA310 from my employer to use with my Apple Macbook Pro M1 Pro. But I do not succeed make it function. Can not use SB ports or Networkport.

But if use it with an MacBook Pro Intel, it function very well.

Both Macbook use the same MacOSX version.

Do anyone know if there are som FW upgrade for the DA310, so it will be function with M1 chipset???
Or is it some how some other solution to it?

Regards

5 Posts

January 28th, 2022 05:00

Hello,

Today I upgraded the FW in the Dell DA310 hub. After that it function with my new MacBook Pro with M1 Pro processor Jippiii!!!

Never succeed to see what FW version it had before the upgrade or after the upgrade just

But you need a Windows computer with USB-C computer too run the exe file I did get from Dell support to upgrade it. After the upgrade I could use the network port, USB-C and USB-A and the Display port (this was the ports I was able to test today), but hopefully all ports at the DA310 will function with the MacBook M1 now.

Before the upgrade it already function will with MacBook with Intel CPU, but not with MacBook with M1. It still function also after the upgrade with MacBook with Intel CPU.

I did get this link from Dell support to download the exe file https://dell.to/3Ahfkil

Regards Kenneth

• 

25K Posts

January 15th, 2022 00:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

5 Posts

January 17th, 2022 05:00

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Sorry that I missed it.

This is a just a brand new bought USB-C Mobile Adapter DA310 from my employer, Egloo Systems.

I only have a serial number, do not believe this device has a service tag??

Se pictures.

But do you know if this adapter are supported for MacBook Pro with CPU  M1 pro with MacOS 12.0.1 (Monterey)??
Or do you know if can be FW upgraded?

I really like the shape and functions of it (if it would function for my computer)

Best regards,
Kenneth Seth-Andersson

From the boxFrom the box

IMG_2764.jpg

1 Message

January 20th, 2022 22:00

do we need install software or drivers in mac book ?

5 Posts

January 21st, 2022 00:00

Do not believe so, 

It is function well on a Intel Mac with the same OSX version, without need to install drivers...
but I had get private reply from Dell, that sugest me to upgrade FW in the DA310.

But for that I need a Windows computer... so been able to that yet.

2 Posts

January 26th, 2022 20:00

Hello,
we have the same error in our company with several M1 devices and several Dell DA310 USB-C adapters. Is there already a solution from Dell for this? Could you share the firmware update? I would at least give this a try. Unfortunately, I did not find anything about the adapter on the website.

5 Posts

January 27th, 2022 09:00

Hello,

I will try to the upgrade tomorrow Friday, if it succéd well I can share the link.

Regrads

2 Posts

January 29th, 2022 01:00

Hello Kesan,
thanks for the link. It seems to work for me as well.
The same applies to the USB-C monitor Dell U2722DE. There is also a FW update for Apple devices.

I hope that Dell has already patched the latest devices. Unfortunately, this is a pain for a company.

An automatic rollout is unfortunately not possible for a monitor FW update.

At least you can use the devices then though.

1 Message

February 16th, 2022 14:00

Thanks for the tip! It solved my problem too.

3 Posts

September 24th, 2022 01:00

3 Posts

September 26th, 2022 00:00

I am having a similar issue with DA300, any chance to get a firmwear update for it please?

1 Message

July 22nd, 2023 11:00

Could you share the link where I can get the apple firmware update? I don't have a windows to use the .exe file shared in the solution

No Events found!