Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2010 08:00

DELL INSPIRON 1300 Wireless PCi card

The computer is not quite four years old.

Having moved to a new house with very thick insulation on the interior walls and all the ceilings, the installed B/g Wireless card has VERY poor range.The BT (Type 2) router does not allow use of the router as a Master to Slave (WDS is not available.) I emailed Dell Support asking them if a PCi wireless Card with N wireless was available, as I could not find one on the site.

There reply of JUST ten words is a disgrace for an example of HELP and SUPPORT.

The reply reads "The laptop is a discontinued model, we cannot help further"

They did not even have the courtesy to say after their ten word reply, "It is a Type 111B interface, that may help you to find one from another source."

If by chance DELL support read this forum, my message is "It may be discontinued, but it is not yet four years old and your lack of HELP or even an attempt at help is a disgrace."

AFTER a complete lack of support from DELL I have now found a supplier for a PCi wireless N type card.

Link attached if anyone is interested.          http://justop.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25

Macboatmaster (Anglesey North Wales)

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

January 21st, 2010 14:00

He found his miniPCI adapter.

626 Posts

January 21st, 2010 14:00

You're right macboatmaster.  The person in Dell Support responding to your email could have offerred you a better response.  Unfortunately, there are people who don't enjoy their jobs enough to go the extra mile to help someone.  Is there anything I could try to help you with now though?

I wasn't able to find any Wireless N (802.11n) Mini PCI adapters on Dell's website for sale.  All I could find were Mini PCI express 802.11n adapters, which won't work in your Inspiron 1300.  Dell did, however, have 802.11n USB Adapters:

No Events found!