Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2016 08:00

DELL Laser Printer B1265dfw mono MFP

Bought this printer maybe 2 years ago, since I have owed it I think I re-installed the software 10 times!  If I let the printer sit for several hrs without printing, it will not print, wi-fi, wise.  I have to physically get up, turn the printer off, start it over, hit the wps button, and after it is connected, I will go back to laptop, hit print and then it will print., I have asked so many people, now the printer is only about 12 feet from the laptop, with one wall in the way...Anybody have any ideas?  help...thanks

• 

16.7K Posts

August 3rd, 2016 09:00

Fred4838,

I had the same problem with my own Dell H825Dcdw printer going to sleep mode and not waking up. Below is information that will help you get it resolved.

Troubleshooting Sleep Issues Connected via Network

Sleep issues from a network connected printer are caused by the printer losing its DHCP lease. When the printer goes to sleep, it stops communicating with the network. This causes the DHCP Server to release the IP that the printer is using. The printer will not renew its DHCP lease until it is woken up (this will have to be done manually since the printer no longer has an open line of communication to the network).

To resolve this issue, set a DHCP reservation for the printer on the DHCP server or router. In order to do this, the printer will need to be set to DHCP mode for address assignment. Once the printer has obtained an IP through DHCP, access whatever device manages DHCP address assignment to create the lease. If using a static IP for their printer, you can reset the static IP to the same address as the DHCP reservation once the lease is in place 

You can get the information from the printer control panel as well as your Wireless Router. Click the link below to download the online user manual  You can get the IP address from your printers information control panel. Type that on your computers browser. It will bring up all your printers settings. 

Dell 1265dfw Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

No Events found!