Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2011 17:00

DELL V305W PRINTER WIFI PROBLEM

I have a dell v305w printer. It was connected through wifi on my home network and used to work perfect until last week. I have tried everything to get it work wirelessly but still  not working. I upgraded my router firmware, reinstalled the printer, checked my firewall settings etc. It catches wifi signals and i tried to set wireless again and its say remove the cable to continue and than when i remove the cable and try to scan/print it doesn't work..... The light for the wifi indicator on the printer is blue. I don't know what the problem is. Please help

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2011 02:00

rana007,

Did you try channel 11 in the wireless router? No changes needed for the printer.

Did you try these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. If changing security, I would also change the ssid to make connecting easier. The printer will need setup like new. 

Rick

2 Posts

June 14th, 2011 12:00

I have the exact same issue, in the Printer properties the Printer port does not show an IP Address as it does on other computers on the same network with the same print drivers.

Tried re-installing the drivers but it did not fix it.

its not related to the Router as 2 other computers on the Network can print to this printer just fine.

Anyone know why this computer can't get the IP address for the Printer ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 14th, 2011 17:00

A Webster,

The wireless printer's adapter is a wireless b/g adapter. It needs to use No Security,  WEP or WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security Personal. The best connections for wireless devices are channels 1, 6 or 11, I use channel 11. If the printer is connected, the light on the printer, if there is one, will show if the printer is connected to your network.

You're not using Mac address filtering, are you? Do you have enought ip addresses to have devices connect to your network?

Rick

2 Posts

June 14th, 2011 23:00

The printer is connected to the Network OK, Blue light is on and 3 other computers can print to it , so its not an issue with the Router or Wireless security settings. Under Devices and Printers if look at the Printer properties and then select ports and then configure ports it does not show the IP address of the Printer on one of my Win 7 64bit systems, but on the other 3 computers the IP address is displayed, Therefore the Dell Imaging Toolbox can't communicate with the printer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 15th, 2011 09:00

A Webster,

Let's try simple.

What virus protection(s) is on these computers?

What firewall are you using?

Make and models of the problem computers and operating systems. 32-bit or 64-bit?

Since the printer is connected to the network, we'll look at the othr items of issue.

Rick

No Events found!