Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2015 23:00

DELL WIRELESS 1704 UNSTABLE WITH WINDOWS 10(64 Bit)

Model - Vostro 2520

Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

Wifi disconnected frequently and unable to search network after starting up from sleep mode.

I have reset configuration and necessary troubleshooting but the problem is affecting my system continuously.

Please do release fix or updated driver for solution.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 24th, 2015 09:00

hirak8495,

Click the link below for possible resolutions to your wifi issues. I too had to do this because of limited connections and frequent wifi drops.

http://bit.ly/1hCI9wC

4 Posts

August 29th, 2015 01:00

My Wi-fi router is within 10 meter radius though signal shows average and the stability problem still affecting. My smart phone is working excellent from same distance.
I have gone through the process linked in your mentioned link. Is their any other solution available??

3 Posts

October 17th, 2015 18:00

I am having the same problems since upgrading to windows 10.

The wireless constantly turns off. - even while in the middle of browsing. I click on a link or open an email only to discover I am no longer connected.

I have to go into settings & turn the wireless on again. More often than not I have to re-boot to get it to work because after turning it on, the wireless won't find ANY routers at all.

I have changed the power settings, I have un-installed & re-installed the device.

I have 2 other wireless laptops running win7 and win10 neither have this problem only the Dell and this device never had a problem while running windows 7.

It has only been since the upgrade to windows 10.

Even while writing this post the wireless stopped working TWICE!!!!!!. I had to go to Network & Sharing Centre, Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi, Diagnose. The first time I did this it worked, the second time it didn't and I had to reboot.

I have rebooted my laptop more times in the last month than the previous 2 years.

A new driver is needed ASAP!!!!!

No Events found!