Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2012 09:00

DW 1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card driver for Windows 8

Was going crazy trying to find a Driver for the NIC for windows 8 64 bit Pro. I have a Dell Latitude E6410 and the driver from Microsoft worked for the most part but I was having issues connecting to my Windows phone 8 device (Nokia 920). First I though it was my phone but when I tried other devices like my Surface I could connect with no problem. I am also running Windows 7 32 bit, when I boot up that OS I had no issues connecting to my phone. I also had issues with stable connections to my 5Ghz Wi-Fi access point. Well if any of these symptoms sound like something that you been going through then check this driver out. I used the 43224AGN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 driver and now everything seems to work. I will give it a week and report back. Hope this helps someone out there.

3 Posts

February 8th, 2013 15:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 17R that had previously been upgraded to the DW WLAN 1520. Windows 8 showed the device as a Broadcom 802.11n device, and the driver above has worked. However, I am still experiencing slow connection speeds compared to Win 7 (shows 300Mbps connection to router, but running a speed test only gives max of 1.5 Mbps download, while my desktop shows 35 Mbps on the same connection).

9 Posts

May 5th, 2013 22:00

I had been having a pretty similar experience with problems connecting or with compatibility to some access points. After not finding any kind of updated driver, I finally went back to dell's driver website and downloaded the windows 7 64-bit version. The automated installer wouldn't work because of an error saying:  Error "Setup.rul 60" has occured and Setup cannot continue.

I ran it again to extract the files and then ran the setup.exe with windows 7 compatibility turned on (properties window and the compatibility tab). It worked that time and I've been running that driver for a few days now, and it fixed the problem with that incompatible wireless router. The broadcom driver version that Windows 8 automatically installed was 5.100.245.20. Installing the official Dell DW1520 driver for Windows 7 changed the driver version to 5.100.235.12 (rolling back). I have a feeling that this driver, though made for Windows 7, is going to be more stable than the one made for Windows 8.

Did you happen to try the official dw1520 driver? I'm curious to see if you had a bad experience with it.

Have you had any issues yet with the driver you suggested? That'll be my next try if this dell win7 one doesn't work out.

No Events found!