Highlighted

DW WLAN Card Utility

I have unfortunately removed this DW WLAN Card Utility from my Laptop. How can I download it again?

Help would be appreciated since I can't use wireless anymore

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: DW WLAN Card Utility

PhillipHunter,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. Under network, you can download the drivers for your adapter.

If you're not sure which one you have, go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag number, click on original configuration, it should be listed there.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos

This works better on Windows 7

Connect to the internet with your Ethernet connection. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager. In Other Devices you should see a wireless device with an exclamation point on it. Right click, choose Update Driver Software and choose Search automatically...... It will find it on  the Internet and you will be done. The DW WLAN Utility is not necessary and has caused problems on user's laptops, mainly slow log off.

0 Kudos

This works better on Windows 7

Connect to the Internet with your Ethernet connection. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager. In Other Devices you should see a wireless device with an exclamation point on it. Right click, choose Update Driver Software and choose Search automatically...... It will find it on  the Internet and you will be done. The DW WLAN Utility is not necessary and has caused problems on user's laptops, mainly slow log off.

Simple Solution Windows 7 -  I have used this on several Dells

1.Connect to the Internet with your Ethernet connection. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager. In Other Devices you should see a wireless device with an exclamation point on it. Right click, choose Update Driver Software and choose Search Automatically...... It will find it on the Internet and you will be done.

0 Kudos
DELL N5050
Copper

i have unfortunately removed this DW WLAN Card Utillity from my laptop How can i download it again 

help would be appreciated since I cant use wireless anymore 

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DELL N5050
Copper

same

0 Kudos
Punithk1494
Copper

RE: DW WLAN Card Utility

i have same problem. had dw wlan previously, now its gone. i searched in control pannel>device manager>other devices, there is no such wireless device with exclamation point on it. what should i do
0 Kudos