Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2012 11:00

DW WLAN Card Utility

I have unfortunately removed this DW WLAN Card Utility from my Laptop. How can I download it again?

Help would be appreciated since I can't use wireless anymore

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 30th, 2012 11:00

PhillipHunter,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. Under network, you can download the drivers for your adapter.

If you're not sure which one you have, go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag number, click on original configuration, it should be listed there.

Rick

March 1st, 2013 08:00

This works better on Windows 7

Connect to the Internet with your Ethernet connection. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager. In Other Devices you should see a wireless device with an exclamation point on it. Right click, choose Update Driver Software and choose Search automatically...... It will find it on  the Internet and you will be done. The DW WLAN Utility is not necessary and has caused problems on user's laptops, mainly slow log off.

March 1st, 2013 08:00

This works better on Windows 7

Connect to the internet with your Ethernet connection. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager. In Other Devices you should see a wireless device with an exclamation point on it. Right click, choose Update Driver Software and choose Search automatically...... It will find it on  the Internet and you will be done. The DW WLAN Utility is not necessary and has caused problems on user's laptops, mainly slow log off.

March 1st, 2013 09:00

Simple Solution Windows 7 -  I have used this on several Dells

1.Connect to the Internet with your Ethernet connection. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager. In Other Devices you should see a wireless device with an exclamation point on it. Right click, choose Update Driver Software and choose Search Automatically...... It will find it on the Internet and you will be done.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2013 21:00

same

2 Posts

March 29th, 2013 21:00

i have unfortunately removed this DW WLAN Card Utillity from my laptop How can i download it again 

help would be appreciated since I cant use wireless anymore 

thanks

1 Message

August 3rd, 2014 07:00

i have same problem. had dw wlan previously, now its gone. i searched in control pannel>device manager>other devices, there is no such wireless device with exclamation point on it. what should i do
No Events found!