Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2009 09:00

Dell 3300 Wireless Adapter with Dell 946 All-In-One Printer with Dell Inspiron 6000 and Windows Vista Home Premium

We have installed the 3300 wireless adapter successfully for wireless printing at home, with our Dell 946 All-In-One Printer.  Our two Dell desktops (with Windows Vista Home Premium) are printing to it just fine.  However, my Dell Inspiron 6000 (upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium) is not.  During the installation process, I am able to print the alighment page, but when I reach the point to print an actual test page, page is sent to the printer, printer window comes up and says it was successfully sent and print job shows in the window, then it just goes away as if it is printed, when it doesn't print.  I don't know if there is a confilict or what the problem is.  My son is unable to get it to work on his smaller Inspiron 700M (also upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium) - has the same result as mine.

We have tried the original disk that came with the printer, but can't get a test page.  This printer was installed previously as a connected printer on the Insprion 6000 successfully.  I have downloaded drivers from Dell, which don't make any difference at all.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2009 10:00

EvelynJK,

What type of security are you using in yout wireless router?

What channel and are you using mixed mode?

On your Dell Inspiron 600, with Vista, is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Try downloading and running the patch, restart your computer and then install the proper vista drivers. The information on on the drivers can be found at...

946 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread

Let me know what happens.

Rick

26 Posts

December 28th, 2009 17:00

What type of security are you using in yout wireless router?  WPA Encryption

What channel and are you using mixed mode?  11

On your Dell Inspiron 600, with Vista, is it 32-bit or 64-bit?  32 bit

I downloaded the patch and the Vista drivers.  Still doesn't work, actually is is worse.  With the original printer disk driver, I can see the printer and the IP address.  With the downloaded one I can't find it.

The laptops we are having trouble with were both upgraded from XP to Vista - new install, actually.  The desktops both have Vista pre-installed and the wireless printing is working great.  Not sure if that makes a difference. 

Thanks.

~ Evelyn

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2009 18:00

Evelyn,

Hoping you have WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal)

Here are the settings I use with my 3300 that's connected to a Dell 964 Printer.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.(I use channel 11)

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Before you install the printer, I recommend that you uninstall the printer on the XP machines and run the patch on the Vista machines. Restarting the computer(s) is a must.

Install your printer 

Install the proper drivers, choose network, choose I'm using a wireless print server(if you do not see this, then choose add printer and you should see it then) and follow the instructions.

Rick

October 6th, 2012 04:00

i satisfied

no

how can i downloade dell drivers

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 7th, 2012 15:00

del inspron,

Make and model of your wireless router and the type of security you're using. What channel?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

No Events found!