shejada
1 Copper

Dell 3521 wifi ai`nt working properly. Can someone resolve?

Hi All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 running with OS 8 64 BIT.

I have tried installing Latest wifi drivers from dell website but the wifi doesn`t work. I see in devmgmt.msc wifi properties as (code: 45 device failed to start then after refreshing i.e scan for hardware changes, it get enabled automatically.

it works for sometime then goes back to square.

Whosoever resolves this would earn a great deal of respect from me

rahul

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Dell 3521 wifi ai`nt working properly. Can someone resolve?

Hello,

You don't mention which wireless card you have in the system, but most of them have a self-diagnostic feature.  Here, for example, is an explanation on how to run the Dell Wireless Diagnostic utility if you have a Dell branded wireless card.  Intel has a similar diagnostic as part of it's Intel Pro Set software application.

It seems that the system is "losing" it's recognition of the card.  Have you checked the antenna leads on the card, or the card itself, to make sure they are all seated firmly into the system and antenna leads?  You can go to our support site, input your service tag, and the website will redirect you to the pages for your system model.  There you will find manuals for the system which will show you how to replace the wireless card, although in this instance you're just using the instructions to show you how to get to the card and check the antenna settings.

I would also recommend reading our Dell Networking & Wireless Support article for more information on troubleshooting wireless issues.  

Lastly, I would recommend making sure you remove all the wireless profiles and drivers in the system, reboot the laptop, and then try to reinstall the latest drivers.  If Windows wireless profiles have become corrupted it could be causing software conflicts which lead to the driver crashing and the system no longer recognizing the driver.  

Try those suggestions I made above and let us know what you find out.   In order to help me troubleshoot this issue further, if needed, please click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your Inspiron 3521.

Todd

0 Kudos

Hi shejada,

Did you try running the Dell wireless diagnostics on the card?   Since you stated via PMs that you've tried various operating systems and drivers you may want to confirm that the diagnostic utility, which is part of the Dell drivers, can recognize and test the card.  I would also recommend physically checking the card and it's antennas to make sure it's fulled seated into the system and hasn't worked loose.  

If the card isn't being recognized in various OSs that you've tried you may also want to go into the System Setup (BIOS) and see whether the card is recognized there.  If not, you may want to try to reset the BIOS to it's default settings and see if that allows it to recognize the card.  If that still doesn't work you may want to update the BIOS for the system (from our main support site) and see if that helps.

But first, run the Dell wireless diagnostic utility and see if that gives you any sort of error or not.

Todd

0 Kudos
shejada
1 Copper

Hi todd, the dell diagnostics couldnt get the error as it didnt find any error. Secondly the bios resetting and updation has already been done

0 Kudos

Hi shejada,

Can you tell me what steps out of this Dell Networking & Wireless Support Center article you've tried so far so I can see if there isn't something we haven't tried yet?

Todd

0 Kudos