Highlighted
skyhack
1 Copper

Dell 355c Bluetooth not in Device Manager, and won't install driver, but Bluetooth keyboard and mouse work

The title pretty much says it. I have a Dell I531 Athlon system with the dreaded 19-in-1 card reader and Dell 355 Bluetooth module.
The keyboard pairs in BIOS, and the mouse works (Both are Dell branded Logitech units), but the Bluetooth receiver and enumerators don't show up in Device Manager.
If I install WIDCOMM or Blue Soleil, no device is recognized, so I can't pair other devices, like my phone or PDA.
If I uninstall the Generic USB Hub, the "BT Receiver" shows up momentarily in Device Manager, but turns into a USB HID Device before I can get the correct driver to install. Windows refuses to let me change the driver, and won't install any Bluetooth driver.
This also happened in XP on this same machine when I tried a downgrade. I can live with the reduced funtionality, but I'd rather get full use of my $50.00 Bluetooth software. 🙂

cc: MS Forums

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mlsquid82
1 Copper

Re: Dell 355c Bluetooth not in Device Manager, and won't install driver, but Bluetooth keyboard and mouse work

I just upgraded my Inspiron 530 from Windows Vista x32 to Windows 7 x64. I also have a Dell 355c bluetooth with 19-1 media card reader. I had the same issue and got zero support from DELL online chat or customer service. However after a lot of hunting, I found the driver for Vista x64  (link below) and reinstalled it. It seemed to resolve all my bluetooth issues, however I did need to use a USB mouse and keyboard to set it up.

Hope this helps...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=2684&l=en&s=pub&releaseid=R152639&SystemID=INSP_DSKTP_D530&servicetag=&os=WV64&osl=en&deviceid=13212&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=5&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=203335

0 Kudos