Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2008 12:00

Dell 5510 HSPDA - 7.2Mbps Firmware Update available at all?

Hi All

I have a Dell 5510 HSDPA card, which is as I understand a Merlin XU870 Datacard rebranded. The Merlin Card supports up to 7.2Mbps - and there is now a firmware available for it to be updated to 7.2mbps.

When this firmware is attempted to be applied to the Dell 5510 Express card it says that its not compatible, probably because its Dell branded internally as well. When are the Dell 5510 Users going to be able to get the 7.2Mbps upgrade as some networks (including the Vodafone UK Network in some areas which the card is also branded to) do operate at 7.2mbps.

There are no available firmwares at the the Dell downloads section.

Otherwise this one will end up on an Auction Site, and I will have to buy a Merlin one. :smileysad: 

Shunts...

1.1K Posts

April 28th, 2008 12:00

shuntfield:

From my understanding, there are not any current plans for any driver update that will allow the speeds indicated with the Merlin datacard. Only the speeds indicated under the specifications for the Dell 5510 HSDPA will be support at this current time.

I hope this helps.

24 Posts

April 30th, 2008 12:00

Thats not very good news at all.

I would have thought Dell would have supported this card, but it looks like they cannot be bothered. I will put this one on an Auction site, and get a new "proper" Merlin one.

It will teach me not to buy Dell stuff in the future....

Shunts...

No Events found!