Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2014 14:00

Dell 6430s Wireless/WIDI support Problem

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in the community, so I apologize for any mistake this post may have.

So, this is the problem I am facing: recently i bought a Dell 6430s, that was supposed to have WIDI capabilities enabled. But when i tried to install the Widi software, I found that the wireless adapter is not supported. Well, I checked and indeed, this model have two variants, the Intel Centrino 6205 model, and the Dell Wireless 1504 model. I have the latter.

Now, I really need to enable WIDI and the wireless is the only thing stopping me. My question is, can I replace the adapter with another that supports WIDI, lets say, the Intel 6200 or Intel 1030? Have anyone sucessfully enabled Widi in this laptop. Can it be done?

I am sorry if this have been answered in another post, but I could not find anything related.

Thanks in advance,

Regards, 

2 Posts

August 13th, 2014 15:00

UPDATE: Well, I got it working after all. Just changed the wifi adapter, updated drivers, installed Intel ProSet software (this is the key), and presto...It installed just perfectly and work flawlessly.

1 Message

July 18th, 2015 10:00

What did you do exactly? Did you change the physical adapter? What adapter did you use instead? Thanks. Nils 

No Events found!