Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2006 04:00

Dell ESG PCBA Test

What is the "Dell ESG PCBA Test"? Googled this but no info on what it is. It comes up on my wireless network as 000bdb MAC OUI, a Dell MAC address. Thanks in advance for your help on this. Azu

1 Message

June 27th, 2013 15:00

I've got the same thing

1.5K Posts

June 28th, 2013 04:00

Hi ajsit,

Please share the 'System Model' and 'Operating System' installed. Also, please elaborate on the issue whether you are not able to connect to internet or not able to detect wireless connections. Also, please share when do you encounter this error message.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2013 07:00

We have Dell Opiplex 7010's and we are noticing that these pc's are being bounced off our switches, when we look further we see this Dell ESG Pcba Test and would like to know if this has anything to do with the switches bouncing them offline as showing duplicate mac address's'

3 Posts

July 29th, 2013 18:00

Hi. I have the same thing showing as an active device on my network. I show as an Ethernet connection.

1 Message

January 29th, 2014 09:00

This is the MAC address for the IDRAC or management port.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2014 13:00

If this is something I have not set up myself I would have to guess it could be the way my machine was hacked.  

I first discovered this using something different than what I am using now. My AV shows it in my network as Generic device and adapter is made by Canon.  I know it is the same because MAC is the same.

1 Message

August 3rd, 2014 10:00

I have a Dell XPS8700 operating on Windows 8.1. I'm using WiFi Guard to see what's using my internet. Recently found unknown item Dell PCBA Test, "192.168.0.6 B8-CA-3A-B7-BF-1A 0 ms Tom Dell PCBA Test" This appears to be originating for my computer. I'm having no problems with the internet Can you give me more information

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2014 21:00

I have only found out that it is some sort of server hub that would normally be used by an Admin on an Enterprise machine. I am pretty sure that it has something to do with a "RAT" that is part of some bigger hack. I have had issues for almost 3 years with something no one or no virus scanner seems to see.

This article (addrs. below)seems to be a step in the right direction though. Maybe not your issue but it is dead on with my problems. let me know if you find out more. Thanks for letting me know.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/this-thumbdrive-hacks-computers-badusb-exploit-makes-devices-turn-evil/

May 17th, 2016 03:00

Dear Sir,

I have a number of Dell PC on my network showing login errors? when I trace the ip address and then Mac Address i get a reply of :

Prefix Vendor
C81F66 Dell Inc PCBA Test

Please can you firstly tell me what this is and why it is showing up in my network logs under failed login bad user name and password?

May 18th, 2016 02:00

Did you find out what this was? I can see it on my network and it is trying to log on to my server with a funny user name and password? If you have any info please could you ping it back to me, can not see any think on google about it?

No Events found!