Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Dell Inspiron 13-7352 Wifi Dropped Cannot Connect!

I just purchased this new laptop today with Windows 10 system. Everything worked fine in first couple hours but SUDDENLY THERE IS NO WIFI CONNECTION. There was just a red cross in on that wifi symbol at low right corner and when I click it neither airplane nor wifi mode is on.

I clicked wifi bottom but it didnt turn on, kept grey. I opened setting, turned on wifi but there is no wifi displayed. I go to airplane mode setting screen and in there "wifi" botton was not on. I clicked it try to turn it on but it wont let me. the bottom moved to "on" and then bounced back to be off, Just kept gray... I turned on airplane mode and then turned it off and tried several times to turn on WIFI. it just wont let me.

And then I restarted the laptop. THEN THE WIFI WORKED PERFECTLY..... the wifi bottom, after restarted, just worked so smoothly i could turn it on and off with just one click. obviously different from before.

HOWEVER AFTER 2 HOURS THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN... I RESTARTED, WORKED AGAIN....

i think there is obviously some problem. No way that I am gonna keep restarting my laptop every 2 hours.... 

anyone has any idea? 

Thank you!

2 Posts

August 15th, 2015 16:00

I also wanted to return the laptop after talked to Dell's Technical support. They asked more then $100 to fix it or buy one year support for $250. Hopefully I got help from my son-in-low who is experienced licensed network engineer and we spent an hour or more on phone to fix the problem and find the correct Wi-Fi setup.

Here is the solution that works for my 2015  Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1.

1. Go to Setting from Start button.

2.  On Setting window go to "Network & Internet"

3. On "Network & Internet" window open "Network and Sharing Center"

4. On Network and Sharing Center window find Connections: Wi-Fi (your wi-fi name)

5. Click on Wi-Fi and open Wi-Fi Status window.

6. On Wi-Fi Status window click Properties button and open Wi-Fi Properties window.

7. You will see the list of items for this connection.

8. Pay attention on two items: Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and  Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). On my laptop both protocols were checked.

9. Uncheck TCP/IPv6. click OK and close other windows.

10. Restart the laptop.

After that my problem was fixed and I got Internet.

Hope it will help for some of you.

1 Message

December 17th, 2015 19:00

It may or may not be related but I had the exact same symptoms and I solved it by updating the Network Adapter Driver, which is tricky when your network adapter is disabled!

Here is how I solved it.

1.) Go to Device Manager (Either from the Control Panel or searching in the cortana search).

2.) Scroll down to Network Adapter. It should show the problematic adapter (Mine was Intel) with a yellow exclamation mark on it. Double click on it.

3.) Go to the Advanced Tab.

4.) Change the wireless mode from "Auto" or "a/b/g" to "b".

5.) Click "Ok" to save.

6.) Your adapter should appear and connect. If it doesn't, repeat above and try changing the wireless mode to "g".

7.) Once you are connected. Don't stop there. Go back to Device Manager and update your driver.

8.) Double click on your Wireless adapter, go to the driver tab, click on Update, and click on Search Automatically.

9.) Follow the prompts and VOILA!

(Figure 1. Error Message from Device Manager before following the steps above)

2 Posts

January 7th, 2016 08:00

I received a model 7359 a couple of days ago and the wireless connection would not last more than a minute or two before it would be dropped and the wireless card could not be seen.

I went to the Dell support page, entered the service ID of the machine (7 digit code on the bottom) and looked at the available updates.  Under networking, there was this file, released 15-Dec-2015 (I think that was the date, but I might be off by a bit):

Network_Driver_RWMWW_WN32_18.30.0.9_A01.EXE

I recommend that you do the same procedure for your machine (probably will have to do it from another computer, as I did, and copy it to a USB stick) and see if there's a similar update.  In my case, it turned a piece of junk that I was very seriously considering returning into a functional laptop.

Good luck!

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 06:00

I am having the same challenge. Super frustrating.

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 12:00

Me too, this is unreal... this is a new laptop. I emailed Dell support, I'll see if they respond with a helpful answer... 

I read forums from 2 years ago that said other/previous 7000 series models had faulty intel wifi cards and folks had to get new laptops due to this manufacturer's problem... 

2 Posts

August 12th, 2015 23:00

I got the same problem. Received the new 13 7000 laptop yesterday, the initial setup was fine and wifi worked, but today no internet even wifi is shown as connected. The reboot did not help.

3 Posts

August 15th, 2015 12:00

I have until tomorrow to return this laptop to Best Buy. Geek Squad zero help without me paying money for them to look at computer. I have an open case # with Dell called at 8am this morning. Told someone would call me within four hours. 5 hours later still waiting for Dell to call me. Based on your post I think I am talking this computer back. What did you decide to do?

2 Posts

U know what I returned the *** thing ... Too frustrated.i gave up lol

3 Posts

Did you receive any response?

1 Message

August 17th, 2015 20:00

I'm having the same problem as everyone else and I just bought mine yesterday. Very frustrating. I tried the solution just outlined, but it didn't work for me. SOunds like my next step is to return it. Can anyone recommend a laptop that won't drop internet access?

1 Message

August 18th, 2015 19:00

I was facing the same issue but then i came across the article hope this helps :-)

en.community.dell.com/.../19528269

3 Posts

October 7th, 2015 16:00

Could you please put all of the options that should be checked for it to work properly? I played with those settings before and may have messed up a bit more than just one check box :P

2 Posts

October 30th, 2015 09:00

I just found and followed your answer.  Thank you so much.  So far so good (15 minutes!).  I'll reply again in a few days to let you know if it continued.  You can't imagine how much I appreciate that you posted this answer.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2015 05:00

This solution worked for about 7 hours;, then the problem started again.  I have uninstalled windows 10 and have gone back to windows 8.1 to see if my internet connection returns to normal. 

December 30th, 2015 11:00

Had same problem ended up being apple routers. Couldn't maintain a connection. Dell Inspiron 13 purchased as xmas present. Took laptop to my daughters and setup using Comcast gateway by Cisco and pic is fine. Only problem is my grandsons network is apple. Try an hp I guess.  Hope it was helpful.

No Events found!