Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Dell Inspiron 13-7352 Wifi Dropped Cannot Connect!

I just purchased this new laptop today with Windows 10 system. Everything worked fine in first couple hours but SUDDENLY THERE IS NO WIFI CONNECTION. There was just a red cross in on that wifi symbol at low right corner and when I click it neither airplane nor wifi mode is on.

I clicked wifi bottom but it didnt turn on, kept grey. I opened setting, turned on wifi but there is no wifi displayed. I go to airplane mode setting screen and in there "wifi" botton was not on. I clicked it try to turn it on but it wont let me. the bottom moved to "on" and then bounced back to be off, Just kept gray... I turned on airplane mode and then turned it off and tried several times to turn on WIFI. it just wont let me.

And then I restarted the laptop. THEN THE WIFI WORKED PERFECTLY..... the wifi bottom, after restarted, just worked so smoothly i could turn it on and off with just one click. obviously different from before.

HOWEVER AFTER 2 HOURS THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN... I RESTARTED, WORKED AGAIN....

i think there is obviously some problem. No way that I am gonna keep restarting my laptop every 2 hours.... 

anyone has any idea? 

Thank you!

December 30th, 2015 11:00

Had same problem ended up being apple routers. Couldn't maintain a connection. Dell Inspiron 13 purchased as xmas present. Took laptop to my daughters and setup using Comcast gateway by Cisco and pic is fine. Only problem is my grandsons network is apple. Try an hp I guess.  Hope it was helpful.

January 6th, 2016 09:00

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

download the correct programs for your OS, i was running windows 10 64 bit so i downloaded both windows 10 64 bit files and ran them on my sisters laptop. one of the files is the drivers and the other is a repair program. when you open the program, click repair and it will repair the wireless network adapter.  this worked for me and hopefully it works for anyone with the same issue as mine.

also, the laptop was saying that my wireless network adapter was disconnected, but it was an out of box system.

January 6th, 2016 09:00

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

download the correct programs for your OS, i was running windows 10 64 bit so i downloaded both windows 10 64 bit files and ran them on my sisters laptop. one of the files is the drivers and the other is a repair program. when you open the program, click repair and it will repair the wireless network adapter.  this worked for me and hopefully it works for anyone with the same issue as mine.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2016 16:00

Thank you, I've been fighting this inability to connect for a week now.  This worked perfectly.

1 Message

March 10th, 2016 11:00

I had the same issue on an Inspiron 13 I just received from the Microsoft Store.  Very frustrating.  The wireless card kept shutting down and I would have to disable/enable it through the device manager.  

I tried the above and it did not work.

I went to the Dell Support site, used my service tag and found an new driver for the network wireless card.

The driver is dated 15 Dec 2015.  Once updated this fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

1 Message

March 24th, 2016 21:00

Hi There,

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried installing the updated Network_Drivers and it resolved the issue. I do not have the wireless connection drops any more.... !

Good luck..!

1 Message

March 28th, 2016 22:00

This doesn't work.  I've got my wife's brand new computer and it can't even locate the wifi driver.  It appeared for a short time under the drivers but now it's gone again.  This combined with a black screen upon booting.  It's going back so long dell...

1 Message

April 17th, 2016 20:00

This is the exact fix I needed. Download and shuffle it over on a thumb drive and everything works great. Thanks!

1 Message

May 12th, 2016 05:00

This helped solve the problem. 

The problem occurred when i used a pen drive this morning. Since then I faced similar problems and had to restart my laptop multiple times. It was very frustrating as I was in the process of completing some urgent task and had to move to another machine. 

1 Message

July 3rd, 2016 07:00

My problems started after I received an update notice three days ago from Microsoft about a Windows 10 update. As usual, I followed the directions and after one unsuccessful attempt, I finally got the Windows 10 update installed. Ever since that update, my wireless network adapter has been ridiculous. Connects to the net, then loses the connection or should I say it "says" it's connected but when I try to open Internet Explorer, it just can't connect to the Internet. I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing happens. There is a test on Dell Suppirt Assist that has the little FIXIT button. I've used that, restarted my desktop as requested, and it'll actually pull up a webpage for a few seconds...then it loses the connection and is out again. In two days of trying my best to fix this issue, I've only seen maybe thirty seconds of a webpage showing on my screen before its out again. All because of a Windows 10 update. I'm getting to the point where a Mac is starting to sound better and better! Please help...I'm frustrated!

2 Posts

October 21st, 2016 06:00

Okay, so my Network Adaptor was just hidden in the list. I clicked Show Hidden devices and it popped right up. Phew. But what do I do if it keeps telling me "Windows has determined the driver software on your computer is up-to-date."? Thanks!

2 Posts

October 21st, 2016 06:00

This was so helpful! However, now my Network Adaptor has disappeared from Device Manager. Will I need to download it from another computer and reinstall that way? I got to the part in your instructions where you Update the driver and then it kept telling me that the driver was already installed. Then it just disappeared. I'd really appreciate any insight you might have!

2 Posts

October 21st, 2016 20:00

Hi-

If your driver is up-to-date, there's not a lot more you can do. Are you still having problems maintaining a wireless connection to a network?

I would suggest trying the Dell Support page and seeing if it identifies any needed updates for your wireless hardware.  Hopefully you can stay on line at least long enough to identify any possible updates (and then you can use another computer to get those installers).  For what it's worth, the Device Manager says that the wireless card I have in my machine is an Intel dual-band Wireless-AC 3165.  For that device, the driver update that I suggested worked like a charm.

If you're adventurous, you could try using the Device Manager to uninstall the existing driver for your wireless card and then re-installing the update.  That is a very risky procedure; please don't do it unless you have a complete backup and know what you're doing.

ABG

3 Posts

November 11th, 2016 09:00

Bikern's post  for solving this problem, worked on my Inspiron I3 7368. Thank you!

1 Message

December 4th, 2016 12:00

Unable to connect to internet, checked cables, modem etc.

Using another laptop (Mc) connection to internet is no problem

No Events found!